- Support administrative needs of the department working with the Communications EVP and VP. Administrative responsibilities include answering phones, scheduling meetings and meeting prep, some invoice paperwork. Provides, at times, some assistance and support to additional members of the Cable Entertainment Executive HQ team (Events and Executive Assistants).
- Responsible for daily and weekly press clips process for Cable Entertainment group; monitor major papers, trades and online outlets for relevant news and industry clips and distribute to multiple audiences including senior executives, the various communications teams, and company-wide ‘Top Stories’ distribution.
- Keep Communications team apprised of all breaking news and monitor press and social media for relevant coverage.
- Compile and prepare weekly network communications activity reports, quarterly ratings reports, and special research projects as requested
- Coordinate and gather agenda points for EVP’s bi-weekly senior communications staff meeting
- Update and maintain press lists or find press contacts through systems including Cision • Act as a point person for the cable network Communications teams and help coordinate details/logistics/assets for portfolio-wide events
- Responsible for helping to organize special speaker series
- Liaise and assist with needs of internal corporate partners including Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity & Inclusion teams.
- Maintain executive bios and fact sheets; ensure that updated assets are provided to NBCU Media Village and other corporate sites
- Assist in multiple capacities on special events including TCA and Upfront
- Manage corporate headshot and photography requests
- Update and maintain internal editorial calendar
- Manage daily workflow for department Page and provide training on systems (Cision, Muckrack, Lightbox, etc.) as needed
- Minimum 1-year work experience in media industry preferred
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job#:41740BR)
- Willingness to travel, work some overtime. Some weekend work is occasionally required.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- College degree with a major in Communications, Journalism or English preferred.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills
- Good leadership ability
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Must be able to work at a fast pace while managing multiple tasks and maintaining a professional attitude
- Superior organizational skills and strong multi-tasking abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
- Proactive in keeping abreast of industry developments and company news
- Ability to initiate projects and see them through to completion
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Sub-BusinessCable Ent Communications
The Corporate Communications Coordinator for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment serves as a key member of the team supporting the department’s day-to-day operations, ensuring that all aspects of the Corporate Communications department run smoothly.
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment is a portfolio of top cable brands comprising two entities: The Entertainment Networks group including USA Network and Syfy; and the Lifestyle Networks group including Bravo Media, E! Entertainment, Oxygen Media and Universal Kids. The portfolio also includes two Hollywood studios, Universal Cable Productions and Wilshire Studios. NBCU Cable Entertainment is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.