The Senior Administrative Assistant performs administrative support for the Career and Job Placement Center Executive Director. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to screening calls, making travel and meeting arrangements, extensive calendar management, meeting and event management, preparing reports and financial data, and customer relations. Assists as needed with daily correspondence. Prepares PowerPoint presentations. This position calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside community members, employers, students, alumni, and vendors.
•High School diploma or equivalent
• 3 years of work experience in an administrative assistant role.
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal and external contacts, in person and over the phone.
• Must be highly organized and have excellent communication skills.
• Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong technical skills in Excel.
• Excellent keyboarding skills.
• Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment while working to deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Open to learning new approaches and willingness to take direction.
• Associates Degree
• Customer service background
• Desktop publishing skills
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Total Hours per week
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hours may vary in accordance with the needs of the college.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V