Careers that Change Lives
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe.
Medtronic’s Brooklyn Park, MN location is looking for a 1st Shift Technician III that will performs a variety of complex duties in a human/animal blood, chemistry/biological lab requiring judgment in methods and ability to interpret test results. Works to support the development of new products and sustain the performance of products already on the market. Provides recommendations for improvement in processes and / or products. Works under the general supervision of Scientists and provides regular updates on progress to manager.
A Day in the Life
- Prepare chemical/biological reagents, samples, and build prototypes for testing. Assist in venipuncture of human blood donors.
- Perform processes, or conduct tests, from general instructions to characterize and verify the performance of products/design concepts.
- Assess device, process or material performance against established standards or specifications and troubleshoot problems by identifying root cause.
- Recommend improvements to assay design formulations and test procedures.
- Perform data entry and basic data analysis with general instructions from scientists.
- Interpret results and write and/or present clear, accurate reports of findings using appropriate documentation methods.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all lab equipment. Maintain test reagents and samples in appropriate pre- and post-test storage conditions. Maintain lab in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- The work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
Minimum of 4 years of experience of relevant experience and may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience (Associate Degree).
Nice to Have
- Knowledge and experience in working with biological samples, such as human/animal blood
- Must be willing and able to work with human blood samples
- Hands-on experience with instrument and wet chemistry lab techniques, e.g., analytical balance, pH measurement, UV-Vis spectroscopy, and in-vitro assays
- Familiarity with the use of statistical software to perform basic data analysis
- Must be highly organized and detail-orientated
- Highly motivated team player with good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in laboratory instrument set up, data acquisition, calibration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and Good Laboratory Practices
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees