Association Executive – Upstate Alliance of REALTORS (UPSTAR)
The AE is responsible for managing and executing the mission of the organization along with the Board of Directors. This includes planning, directing and controlling all activities of the organization order to achieve goals and objectives of the strategic and operating plans.
Essential duties include:
- Work with the BOD to update and provide direction on the strategic plan
- Develop policies, procedures, and programs to implement
- Monitor organization structure and culture and make recommendations for changes when appropriate
- Develops budgets for all programming and presents to BOD
- Responsible for supervising, training, and evaluating all staff
- Develops relationships with elected officials to provide information and advocate on behalf of UPSTAR's members and mission
- Chief fundraiser for political action committee and RPAC
- Act as spokesperson for UPSTAR and communicate on all issues as they relate to the real estate market and the organization.
- Keep abreast of activities of the state and national associations
- Oversee all membership activities and ensure to engage and retain members
- Oversee development of educational programs to advance the professional, technical, and managerial skills of the membership
Bachelor's Degree required. Must have 8-10 years of leadership experience, preferably with a non-profit or association.
UPSTAR is located in Northeastern region of Indiana in Fort Wayne. It's a quick 3 hour drive to 5 major cities including Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Columbus, and Cleveland. It's been voted as the number one place to raise a family, number one as most affordable place to live, and number two hottest housing market.