Are you looking for something new and challenging? Do you want to learn a new trade? Do you like to travel? If you answered yes, WE WANT YOU!!!
Municipal Pipe Tool Co., LLC is a sewer maintenance and rehabilitation contractor. The type of sewer work that we do is called "Trenchless Technology". Based in Hudson, IA we are looking to invest in the future. We want to develop and grow individuals to work on existing municipality sewer infrastructure for cities and companies throughout the Upper Midwest. Ideal candidates must be able to travel throughout the work week and be able to work overtime. Class A or B CDL is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and paving.
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman, superintendent, safety director or HR manager.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Assists in the installation and maintenance of traffic control devices. Controls traffic at worksites by flagging to guide traffic through work areas, as required or assigned.
- Assists in training lower-level employees performing the maintenance and repair duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to travel 80% to 100%. All employees must be able to travel during the work week. Our work schedule is normally Monday-Friday, although this can vary with specific project requirement.
- Must be able to enter confined spaces – examples include but are not limited to Manholes.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds above your head and/or lift 100 pounds from a ground position to a standing position using proper lifting techniques.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to obtain Class A or B CDL within first 90 days of employment.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate the ability to interact positively and effectively with customers, staff and community.
- Must possess ability to safely perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- To meet the physical requirements of the position: Walking, sitting, standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting, twisting, and moving intermittently during working hours
- Competitive wages and benefits including: Health, Dental, Life, 401K match and Profit Sharing. Overtime with opportunity for advancement, paid travel and lodging.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent