WE ARE HIRING AGAIN!
Wedding Oak Winery is a celebrated Texas winery with three Hill Country locations,one in the historic town of San Saba,one onthe Hwy. 290 wine trail near Fredericksburg, and our latest hospitality wine center on the courthouse square in Burnet.
We produce award-winning wines from Texas vineyards and sell them through our tasting rooms, wine clubs, festivals, and online sales. Wedding Oak has Hospitality Sales Associate openings at Burnet, with the possibility of career advancement as we expand our operations.
We are seeking enthusiastic, sales-oriented professionals who love to engage with customers can be flexible and are interested in the wine business.
- Primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct tastings for walk-in guests and occasional scheduled groups
- Educate the guests about the wine and our winery to create a value-added experience
- Develop the relationship with the guest in order to sell our wine and wine club membership
- Conduct a tour of the winery on occasion
- Complete the sales process including the operation of the point of sales system, accurately completing a wine club form, fulfilling the guest’s order and carrying the guest’s wine to their vehicle, if necessary
- Assist with opening and closing procedures, physical inventory counts, housekeeping and other back-of-the house duties as needed.
- Occasionally assist with winery special events and tastings at festivals or other events
- Assist with shipments
- Assist with other duties as needed by the tasting room manager.
Qualifications of the job:
- Previous winery, retail and/or hospitality experience preferred
- Interest in and willingness to learn the wine business
- Energetic, outgoing personality and excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen
- Track record of setting and achieving goals
- Ability to give presentations to a group
- Must be over 21, able to lift 45 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays
- Must be able to work independently, and also in a team setting
- Must be willing and able to learn a point-of-sale system
- Proven track record of the ability to follow company guidelines
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture