Paid Digital Advertising Strategist Position Overview
The Paid Digital Advertising Strategist brings expertise in ecommerce and lead gen marketing through paid advertising (including manual and algorithmic search and display, YouTube, Google Manufacturing and Merchant Centers, etc.), and is accountable to the client to deliver superior results. This position encompasses the need for both strategic digital insight and tactical execution in the context of general business and marketing expertise, as well as balancing quantitative and qualitative skill execution. Expert to strong knowledge of several disciplines is a must, including Search Engine Marketing, Paid Digital Advertising, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Website and Landing Page Development, Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO). 4+ years of paid advertising experience is required. An agency background and experience with Amazon and other marketplaces is preferred.
This role combines five primary competencies:
- Expert Paid advertising (manual and algorithmic) knowledge, especially PPC, Display and YouTube;
- Experience with Ecommerce, data feeds, manufacturer/merchant center management;
- [Preferred]Experience with Amazon, eBay and other marketplaces set-up & management;
- Client and project management; and
- Superior business model and general marketing understanding.
Starts at ~23-25 hours. At full capacity, you will directly manage or participate in Paid Advertising for a number of clients across multiple industries with varying budgets, with responsibility for continually improving paid performance to achieve KPIs that include ROI & conversion metrics.
Salary Range: $60K - $65K annually at full time hours (~45-50 hrs per week), plus performance bonus.
We are looking for a leader with a vision and POV of the future of Digital Advertising, which will help form the direction of this discipline within our company. Your experience and participation in experimental & mastermind groups is a strong indicator of your interest and involvement in this practice.
It is essential that you have a curious and investigative mind, can quickly understand business models, and that you see paid digital advertising within a greater context. This position is for an experienced, mature, fully integrated marketer. If you have balanced strengths in skills associated with the organized and logical left brain, as well as the creative right brain, you would find this a perfect job.
This is a virtual position, so only self-starters that are very disciplined and organized need apply. Being self-driven and deadline-focused is required, as you must exude initiative. Experience working within a virtual environment is a strong plus. Additionally, you must be extremely effective at delegation and task management in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, yet still complete work on time and within budgeted hours. And simultaneously and continually reach program performance goals. For those hardy souls who are up for this type of opportunity, there is some degree of flexibility in hours, dependent primarily on the needs of clients.
After one year of service, up to five percent of your time may be used to assist non-profit organizations that you help choose with their search marketing. You are required to continually grow your knowledge and skills, and have enough interest in the discipline of digital marketing to do this on your own time. After a period of learning, all DirectiveGroup employees help grow the company through writing articles for internal and external blogs, making content updates to our corporate website, writing proposals, speaking at conferences and seminars, generating leads by networking and referring new clients, etc. You must have a computer with the latest version of MS Windows OS and Office, including Microsoft Outlook, as well as sufficient internet capacity for a VoIP phone.
Outcomes: First Six Months
- Develop and execute digital paid advertising programs to achieve client goals, including target 20%+ YoY conversion rate increases and other performance-bonus goals.
- Proactively optimize client programs that will include multiple tactics, critically evaluate success, identify growth opportunities, manage internal resources and interface with clients.
- Lead client strategy development project sections from start to finish, including conducting fact-finding sessions, facilitating internal brainstorming, managing internal resources, deriving relevant insights, compiling reports and presenting findings to clients.
- Participate as sale engineer in complex sales opportunities to demonstrate company knowledge, build credibility with the prospect and advance the sales process.
Paid Digital Advertising and Search Engine Marketing
- Expert ability to research, set up, monitor, and achieve specific conversion goals with search engine and paid advertising tactics on multiple platforms for lead gen and eCommerce clients, including both manual and algorithmic programs.
- Expert ability to research, set up, monitor and achieve specific conversion goals on platforms such as Google Shopping campaigns and Bing Shopping Campaigns for ecommerce clients.
- Expert technical expertise to solve Google Ads/Bing problems with tracking codes, GA links, etc.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Expert in developing winning creative and messaging through text and display ads.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEM and paid digital advertising.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Ability to research assigned companies on multiple platforms and using multiple tools, such as SpyFu, Majestic SEO, Google Ads, etc., to develop a comprehensive business profile.
- Deep understanding of search engine optimization theory, and is well-versed in trends and effective current methods, and how SEO and paid advertising complement each other.
- Perform all aspects of keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the Google Analytics and other Analytics software.
[Preferred] Marketplace / Shopping Program Management
- Basic to advanced understanding of selling on Amazon Marketplace/Seller Central/Vendor Central with extensive knowledge of best practices and strategies.
- Plan and execute effective Amazon Sponsored Products campaigns and Amazon Promotions.
- Plan and execute effective programs on Google Manufacturer Center.
- Identify promotional opportunities and develop/execute effective promotional calendars.
- Identify sales trend and growth potential, and work with internal departments to increase sales volume on Amazon and other merchant platforms.
- Daily, hands-on management and optimization of data feeds, working closely with clients on product data feeds and product listing optimization.
- Oversee, and work with other teams within the organization, on product content, inventory management, market research, and demand generation.
Marketing Content & Landing Page Development
- Deeply skilled and experienced in persuasive, direct marketing copywriting for all types of business and consumer market segments.
- Prefer experience with content for multiple devices as well as multiple platforms, including eCommerce, mobile websites and mobile apps.
- Understands eye-tracking theory, can develop general wireframe layouts based on templates or ‘inspiration’ sites, and can direct graphic designers through the design process.
Client, Project & Task Management Skills
- Is able to communicate with each client at his or her level of knowledge, and sufficient such that it is clearly understood what we are doing and why.
- Can lead client phone meetings in an organized and efficient manner, appearing both knowledgeable and credible in the interactions.
- Manages well through conflict and is able to tell the client what s/he needs to know and not just what s/he wants to hear.
- Understands the importance of ‘value perception’ to achieve client loyalty and can effectively help our clients understand the value of what we do for them.
- Takes ownership, has strong initiative and is self-directed and can deal effectively with ambiguity, change and complexity.
- Runs assigned client projects, including delegation to others, with minimal supervision.
- Can create a strong project plan with goals, milestones and priorities.
- Projects are completed on-time, with proper use of resources, and on budget.
- 4+ years Paid Advertising (PPC, display, YouTube).
- 2+ years eCommerce program management.
- 1+ years client and project management experience, with ability to discuss your domain expertise credibly and persuasively with executives, owners and CEOs.
- 4+ Google certifications, including Google Ads Fundamentals.
- 1+ years in CRO (conversion rate optimization) and SMM (social media paid marketing).
- Certification in Google Analytics; strong data analysis skill set with a keen attention to detail.
- Undergraduate degree with outstanding credentials. Preference for graduate degree.
- Previous client-facing responsibilities that included results reporting, and credible and persuasive discussion of online advertising programs and integrated digital marketing program intricacies.
- Gets things done, with demonstrable initiative, grit and persistence.
- Strong organization skills in the context of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sufficient analytical and logical skills.
- Is curious and a fearless learner with an investigative mind who loves acquiring new knowledge.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and excellent meeting facilitation skills.
- Is collaborative and works well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates superior leadership skills, confidence and a high level of maturity.
- Strong attention to detail, but understands how to effectively apply the Pareto Principle.
- Ability to occasionally work non-business hours to accommodate meetings with off-shore partners and/or non-business hours client/project needs.
Why we exist: To help growth companies become industry leaders such that they are the first and only option in the mind of their customers. We provide the surety of a big digital marketing agency, yet deliver results with the mastery, commitment, and passion of an in-house team.
As a full-service digital agency, DirectiveGroup positions ourselves as a business growth strategy consulting firm that applies integrated digital marketing tactics in programs designed to achieve our clients’ growth goals and to attain a superior ROI. We specialize in developing or revitalizing high-converting websites, strategy development, paid digital advertising, search engine marketing and optimization, content & social media marketing and email marketing.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Google Analytics: 3 years (Required)
- Google and Bing Ads Platform: 4 years (Required)
- Google and Bing Advertising Certifications (Required)
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: