- E commercePhotographer and Merchandiser
We are looking for a qualified E commerce Photographer to join our team. Photographer will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining digital assets to achieve our business goals. Photographer duties will also include working with cross-functional teams to raise brand awareness.As our new leader in product photography and merchandising, you should be able to oversee all digital assets.
At the JONATHAN Y we produce high quality home products, with a specialization in lighting and rugs. If you're a versatile, multi-talented photographer that's eager to join a fast paced and rapidly growing brand on a mission, we'd like to talk! The MVP Group is seeking an experienced photographer to style, shoot and edit product imagery to help drive our unique, daily product launch platform. The right candidate will be an accomplished product photographer with experience creating silhouette, lifestyle and detail product photos for Ecommerce. Photo styling, editing, retouching and lighting experience is required.
E commerce Photographer and Merchandiser Responsibilities
- Collaborate with photography team, marketing, and other creative partners to create media for product launches, brand and social campaigns.
- Photograph a broad range of products utilizing several photography styles including still life, in-environment, on-model and silhouettes on white.
- Deliver rich, dynamic product images that adhere to technical standards and best practices while utilizing varied surfaces, textures and talent.
- Style projects to deliver the essence of each product clearly and concisely.
- Retouch and edit images, with high attention to detail, quality and consistency.
- Follow detailed asset management and file naming practices.
- Efficiently manage shoots, both on-location and in-studio.
- Follow product and brand styling guidelines with minimal supervision.
- Maintain professional studio environment, including timely clean-up and organization of set, equipment and props.
- Manage and deliver upon daily deadlines, demonstrating self-motivation, and strong time management and organizational skills.
- Create images/videos to facilitate needs of the Creative Director.
- Edit all E commerce product images from photo shoots to select best for online and marketing use.
- Provide thumbnail sheets to buyers for approval of edited E commerce product photo shoots.
- Apply crops and retouching comments to images for freelance re-touchers.
- Operate capture computer during all photo shoots, process, supply, and archive all images captured.
- Operate, design and set all lighting grip equipment for all in-house photo shoots.
- Maintain all lighting equipment for two photo studios (repair/replace all bulbs in all flash heads).
- Maintain all grip equipment for two photo studios (ensure functionality of all stands, clamps, boom, arms, cables, etc.).
- Maintain computer equipment to ensure continuous operation on photo shoots
- Work with Creative Director to assist in prop direction/sourcing/building (i.e. assembling pieces, painting walls and cubes as needed).
- Manage storage of all props..
- Work with design team & E commerce Channel Merchandisers to ensure all styles are available for on-body and still shoots.
- Manage and Oversee Junior Photographer in lighting, styling, and photography techniques.
- Approve all images before they are given to image coordinator for use online.
- Manage quality control for all images produced by Junior Photographer.
E commerce Photographer and Merchandiser Qualifications
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent work experience
- Photography degree or certificate from accredited photography program – preferred (not required)
- 2+ years hands-on professional experience working in consumer products. E commerce product experience is required.
- Knowledge of studio lighting equipment (strobe, modifiers, etc.).
- Professional-Level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Photoshop (i.e. silhouetting, creating shadows, blending, filters, masks, etc.).
- Knowledge of all photographic formats and files.
- A portfolio of work that speaks to these skills and speaks for itself.
- Knowledgeable regarding branding and style guidelines for website and product digital assets.
- Ability to review proposed digital assets and recommends any changes necessary to maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web pages and maintains style guide.
- Photo editing skills for digital assets to ensure consistency in messaging and brand.
- Attention to detail & accuracy, adheres to deadlines.
- Relevant work experience in a marketing and/or retail environment.
- Verify digital assets from pre-production to launch to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Utilize and manage digital assets within our content management tool (digital asset management tool).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Photo Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education