Full Job Description
Provides day-to-day responsibility for coordinating and integrating nursing information systems into practice. Through their functions the project coordinator accelerates the benefit and improvements available from the various applications utilized by clinical staff.
1. Leads the clinical coordination and maintenance of selected clinical applications that focus and support nursing workflows. These applications include but are not limited to QuadraMed (nursing acuity measurement), Nurse call, and Epic clinical workflow support and analysis.
2. Updates and monitors internal Clinical Portal resources and sites (i.e. manuals, policy and procedure).
3. Coordinates the lifecycle maintenance, monitoring, and upgrade for assigned applications from a clinical perspective.
4. Collaborates and when appropriate leads house-wide initiatives on informatics related clinical updates.
5. Advances clinical information documentation systems through serving as a knowledgeable practice expert and resource regarding clinical practices as it relates to information systems.
6. Improves clinical workflows and systems through the institution of quality improvement strategies, setting and maintaining performances standards, and providing leaders/clinicians with information for decision-making.
7. Participates in the development of informational technologies that utilize patient and client data to support clinical decision-making in nursing practice.
8. Performs key system functions by collaborating with key stakeholders to enhance clinical practice.
9. Performs key educational update role in developing and communicating updates to nursing workflows as it relates to clinical systems.
10. Measures and evaluates the outputs of assigned information systems and publishes reports to leadership.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
2. Current/active license Registered Professional Nurse within the State of Illinois.
3. Five years nursing experience to include at least one year of nursing leadership experience required.
4. Certification in pediatric or nursing informatics preferred.
5. Able to handle multiple projects and support multiple systems and able to prioritize tasks.