Provides a significant level of patient education related to breast health issues, diagnostic procedures and reports, and planned treatments. Works directly with patients, technologists and physicians to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. Also works with lung screening patients to offer resources. Provides a link to outside resources for patients diagnosed with breast cancer. Provides hands on direct patient care when needed. Also provides follow up phone calls for patients newly diagnosed to help with any questions or concerns the patient may have.
RN with a Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years nursing experience is required. Cancer nursing patient care is preferred. * Certification as Health Educator (CHES) is preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of disease processes.
• Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations governing Medicare, Medicaid, and other funding sources.
• Self-directed and capable of priority setting and problem solving.
• Ability to maintain and appropriately handle confidential/sensitive data.
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with general office equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Primary Location Louisiana-West Monroe
Education Level Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status* Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule* Days