Position available to work in any of Pennoni's Virginia office (i.e. Arlington, Dulles, Hampton Roads, Leesburg, Winchester)
Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate “smart” solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Why Work With Pennoni?
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
The ideal candidate would be able to obtain contracts through business development and lead teams of projects under the general direction of the practice leader or an office director. This candidate will regularly lead, supervise, and develop junior staff. Because of Pennoni’s expansion in the region, this position is likely for future growth opportunities within the company.
Pennoni is currently looking for a Senior Water and Wastewater Engineer for our Virginia office to perform the following, but not limited to:
- Utilizing local expertise and advanced technical knowledge of water and wastewater planning, design and construction engineering, to include writing and presenting technical reports and papers
- Identifying water and wastewater opportunities in specific areas and developing/implementing a business plan and marketing approach in coordination with Water/Wastewater Practice leader to grow a practice group
- Working directly with potential clients to determine needs and provide solutions, and lead a team in the preparation of winning proposals and successful presentations
- Securing water and wastewater contracts, developing and leading teams of engineers to successfully complete scope of tasks and projects
- Working with state and federal agencies on regulatory development and requirements issues in the water and wastewater industry
- Overseeing and managing tasks/projects and clients expectations to scope, time and budget goals for the planning, design and construction of distribution/collection systems, pump/lift stations and water and wastewater treatment plants as well as creating construction documents, specifications and handling construction oversight/administration
- Coordinating execution of projects with other disciplines and office personnel
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering (MS or MBA preferred)
- Licenses preferred: Professional Engineering license in Virginia, with North Carolina and Maryland PE a plus
- Proven record (10+ years) in providing water and wastewater engineering services to local municipal and private sector clients
- Active and favorable contacts from past successful work as potential opportunities/ clients for marketing future work
- Project experience, including:
- Planning and feasibility, design, and construction of water and wastewater supply, treatment, pumping and distribution/collection facilities
- Experience with upgrades, expansions, rehabilitation and retrofits
- Experience with design/build a plus
- LEED or Envision certification desired
- Active participation in the American Water Works Association and Water Environment Federation or equivalent
Indeed Hire and Pennoni are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- providing water and wastewater engineering services: 10 years (Required)
- LEED or Envision certification (Preferred)
- North Carolina and/or Maryland PE (Preferred)
- Professional Engineering (Virginia) (Required)