Software Development Manager-19000L7M
Oracle is looking to hire a Software Development Manager to work on Oracle’s Analytics Cloud Service. It is an exceptional opportunity to work within our Product Development organization, learning new skills and domain expertise while helping to deliver a world class software product. Business Analytics is one of the fastest growing segments of the software industry. Business Analytics applications allow analysts and executives to get the information they need to make critical strategic decisions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing business world. Oracle has #1 Share in Business Analytics Market - Oracle is the leading business analytics software vendor by revenue, according to IDC's report: Oracle leads in both revenue, and market share. We are also the thought leaders and innovators in our industry.
As a Software Development Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, test and deliver a world-class Business Analytics product
- Lead the creation of formal design specifications and coding of complex systems
- Work closely with the Product Management on product requirements and functionality
- Manage a team of engineers to be able to deliver with high quality following release schedule
- MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills
- 6+ years of working experience in Business Analytics and 2+ years in leadership role
- Competence in developing, implementing, and optimizing software algorithms
- Advanced level JAVA, C++ skills, including object-oriented programming and templates
- Advanced level JQuery, AJAX, D/HTML including CSS, XML etc. web application technologies
- Working experience in developing large scale distributed applications / web services is required
- Working experience with Git, Weblogic, Docker is preferred
- Knowledge of public/private cloud services
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.