The Accountant provides support to branches and corporate departments during the month end close and throughout the month, answering questions, analyzing and researching financial reports. Additionally, the Accountant prepares financial statement packages each month, reviews balance sheet accounts, and assists in analyzing actual results vs budgets. They are also responsible for auditing information included in various systems. Strong verbal and written communications skills, problem solving, independent and critical thinking skills are required.
- Responsible for month-end closing entries including journal entry accruals, allocations, intercompany entries, prepaid amortization, fixed assets and various statistics.
- Daily reconciliation of cash accounts, follow up and post entries as needed.
- Reconciliation and analysis of balance sheets accounts. Use professional judgment to research and evaluate all balance sheet issues.
- Support Accounts Payable in coding and approving invoices.
- Prepare periodic sales tax and property tax filings and payments
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly analysis between forecasted and actual results.
- Review and ensure accurate calculation and processing of incentives
- Prepare and review financial reports to branches.
- Assist with special projects as needed for the Controller, Director of Accounting or branches.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
-Financial Services, Insurance, Banking, or other related fields is a plus.
- Five years+ of related experience.
- Advanced Excel skills: Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Detailed professional with strong analytical skills who can learn quickly.
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, utilizing multi-tasking skills.
- Organizational skills required to meet deadlines in a timely manner
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Corporate accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Public accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote