Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in obtaining pricing for the development of cost estimates and bids.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of construction project schedules.
- Assist in bidding process including development and production of bid instructions.
- Assist Project Manager in communicating effectively with the Owner, coordinating team meetings, and complying with contract documents.
- Review, maintain and distribute required project documentation & logs, including (but not limited to: Request for Information (RFI); Submittals; Contract Documents; Change Orders; Contract Close-Out Documentation.
- Assist Superintendent with the implementation of field operations including job site safety procedures, quality control, scheduling subcontractors, notifications, signage, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in coordinating the work of each trade.
- Assist Project Manager in obtaining required permits for the work from governmental agencies and coordinating required inspections by appropriate inspector.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of construction principles, techniques, technologies, and procedures.
- Skill in the use of computer software including web-based, word processing, spreadsheets, and project scheduling applications. (BIM optional)
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written and graphic form.
- Proven experience in in organizing and evaluating information and in proactively finding solutions for construction projects.
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications.
- CPM scheduling experience and estimating experience preferred.
Experience and Education
Minimum of two years of Project Engineer experience in the commercial/tenant improvement construction industry, completion of Construction Management Certificate Program, or a degree from in construction management, engineering, or related field. LEED accreditation and BIM experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Engineer: 2 years (Required)
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA (Required)
- Construction Management (Preferred)