At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
- This position is located onsite in our Sarasota, FL office.*
The Quality Management Specialist is responsible for quality monitoring of telephone calls, chats and emails for our in-house and work at home agents providing support to our clients and franchisees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Monitor, evaluate and score inbound calls against established quality assurance guidelines and standards.
- Analyze performance from quality assurance data and communicate trends to Quality Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of call scripts.
- Participate in or lead calibration sessions, employee communication sessions, and or creation of communication tools.
- Maintain awareness of call quality, equipment failures and communicate to management for resolution.
- Ability to provide feedback with a coaching/mentoring mentality to individuals or groups.
- Ability to understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
- Manage effectiveness of call monitoring by calibrating with Leadership Team.
- Minimum 2 hours per week engaged with Clients.
- Performs other duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, call center applications, quality monitoring tools and applications, center reporting tools and technologies.
- Minimum of two years of relevant call center experience.
- Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Fluency of Ideas — The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT
- Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job
- Compliance with company attendance standards
- FLSA status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.