This is a Full Time / Direct Hire role with our direct client based in Orange, CA. Candidates with extensive background with GIS please apply. Thank you!
GIS Team Lead Analyst
Full Time / Permanent
Produces a variety of high quality geographic and demographic materials for sales and marketing purposes; Uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS) fundamental concepts, practices and procedures proficiently to accomplish analytical work. Supports education, communication, and marketing of capabilities; as well as providing analytical support to both internal and external users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consults with sales professionals to define requirements, investigating various approaches to attain end results.
- Advises sales professionals and management on available geographic information, analytical and higher end products.
- Produces advanced specialized maps, utilizing geographic and demographic information using programming, database, and graphics skills.
- Adheres to company policy on quality control/assurance.
- Assist with responsibilities of GIS staff, including support for analytical mapping jobs for production; provides support and assistance for extra workload as needed.
- Assists with training and communications efforts for both the team and internal clients.
- Educates internal and external clients about GIS capabilities and resources; seeks end-user/customer input regarding additional geographic services and enhancements to existing services and processes.
- Obtains and maintains accurate geographic market data for the region.
- Extracts demographic and geographic information from various databases for use in maps or reports.
- Maintains library n use.
- Logs and prioritizes work assignments using proprietary systems.
- Utilizes proprietary mapping tools, templates, standards, and software.
- Fulfills regional manager duties as the need arises.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 – 4 year college degree in Geography or related field or equivalent experience and training in GIS technology and mapping processes.
- Requires 5+ years of experience.
- Advanced proficiency in ESRI Suite; ArcGIS Desktop and extensions (Business Analyst, Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, and 3D Analyst), ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Pro
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to articulate and effectively present GIS information to non-GIS users.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply operations such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Knowledge of procedural based 3D design software such as ESRI’s CityEngine and/or Rhino a plus
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications required
- Knowledge of GIS terms and definitions, real estate terms and definitions, real estate analytical methods required
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines
- Responsible for multiple, overlapping, project deadlines
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to clients, co-workers, and supervisor
Job Type: Full-time