An Associate in charge of Food Prep will be in charge of just that—slicing and prepping meats, cheeses, and vegetables so we are ready to make sandwiches and salads for our customers. When not focused on Food Prep, he or she may also be assigned to other Associate duties within the shop.
NOTE: Please provide an overview of your background as it relates to your work history with dates worked previously and your detailed availability for the position you are applying for
- Demonstrate Potbelly’s Behaviors and Values– Integrity, Food Loving, Teamwork, Accountability, Positive Energy, Coaching, Delivering Results through Execution, Building and Inspiring Teams, Creating Potbelly "Fans"-- through all interactions.
- Slice meats, cheeses and vegetables.
- Prepare meats and cheeses for different sandwiches.
- Clean back of the house work stations and slicing machines.
- Other Associate position duties as assigned as outlined in Potbelly Associate job description, such as preparing quality finished products at various stations, complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning, operating the cash register, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Potbelly policies and procedures.
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 3 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 3 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Work in both warm and cool environments, indoors (95%) and outdoors (5%).
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND BEHAVIORS
- Must represent Potbelly Advantage and Our Values.
- At least 18 years old.
- Friendly and Food Loving.
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to work early morning hours.
- Ability to work consistent schedule.
- Prior food prep/food service experience, a plus.
- Previous experience controlling food costs, a plus.
- Must demonstrate leadership behaviors and values that align with Potbelly.
Job Type: Part-time
- Preperations of meats, cheese & vegetables in a Deli: 1 year