Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide, a WPP Health & Wellness company, is committed to creativity and effectiveness in healthcare communications, everywhere. Our global headquarters are in Parsippany, NJ, with additional hubs in New York, London, Paris and Singapore. We maintain multiple additional offices in markets critical to our clients' global aspirations. Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide provides marketing services including behavioral insights, content strategy and management, digital, interactive and new media services, marketing analytics and research, media planning and buying, medical education, payer marketing and market access, professional advertising and promotion, public affairs and relations, relationship marketing, sales training development, scientific communications, social media and social listening, and wellness and consumer advertising and promotion. The organization houses and maintains individual Ogilvy CommonHealth and Ogilvy Healthworld brand identities within the marketplace.
A mid-level position for a copywriter who has the ability to work under the direction of senior copy personnel to creatively translate data into compelling communication messages across media (digital to print). Partners with an art director to explore innovative ways to communicate strategic objectives. Handle day-to-day responsibilities while learning the finer points of creative thinking in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Works closely with Group Copy Supervisor (GCS), Creative Directors (CD), Art Directors (AD) and Account team, as a team member on assigned accounts to produce effective communications, campaigns, deliverables, etc.
- Maintains consistently high standards of writing which will enhance the agency-client relationship.
- Monitors the progress and quality of assigned projects through each phase of development
- Maintains a reasonable library of own reference material relating to assigned clients.
- Submits copy to the GCS or CD for review and comment.
- Assures accuracy, completeness, and neatness of own copy from initial submission to CD through final copy and type proofs.
- Meets copy deadlines
- Takes and keeps reasonably thorough file notes and minutes of meetings/phone calls for own reference.
- Contributes ideas to generate more client activity beyond normally scheduled projects.
- Participates in client-agency meetings as appropriate.
- Collaborates with team members
- Displays professional courtesy to clients and co-workers
Oncology experience a plus, a proclivity for high sciences a must
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Two or more years of writing experience required
Two or more years of pharmaceutical advertising agency experience preferred
Science educational background a plus
Writing experience in all media desired; comfort with data-related writing required
Familiarity with social media, presentation software (PowerPoint®)