NSC Global is currently looking for Desktop Support Technicians and Field Technicians to join our growing company in Poughkeepsie, New York.
Please, this job we are accepting full US Citizens or Green Card holders only, please.
Also for this position, we need someone who OWNS A CAR. The reason is, there might be regional site visits to areas not serviced by public transit. And yes, you will be paid mileage for this position for using your own car.
POSITION: Desktop Support Technician and Field Technicians
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire (W2) with NSC Global
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
The hours of this job are are M-F from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
We are in fact the actual employer, we are not an agency.
This is a full-time permanent job with us
Please note the following:
+ You MUST be A+ Certified (in fact only those who are already A+ Certified should reply to this email)
+ Please have no gaps in your employment history.
+ We prefer those who have good experience working on both PCs/Windows and also within Mac/Apple platforms
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner. Operate and troubleshoot Windows & Mac issues, image laptops, use remote access tools, etc.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office, Apple, Mac, iPhones, iPads, and any other authorized desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Customize desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer re
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Microsoft, and Mac OS X
- Extensive application support experience.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Job Type: Full-time