HOURLY RATE OF $70.00 TO $74.00
Apex Therapeutic Services is seeking full-time and/or part-time Occupational Therapists (OT) interested to provide school-based occupational therapy services to students being served by NYC DOE public/charter schools located in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
Responsibilities of the Occupational Therapist (OT) - School Setting
- The Occupational Therapist (OT) - School Setting will conduct activity and environmental analysis and will make recommendations to improve the fit for greater access, progress, and participation.
- Reducing barriers that limit student participation within the school environment.
- Providing assistive technology to support student success.
- Supporting the needs of students with significant challenges, such as by helping to determine methods for alternate educational assessment and learning.
- Helping to identify long-term goals for appropriate post-school outcomes.
- Helping to plan relevant instructional activities for ongoing implementation in the classroom.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist (OT) - School Setting
- The Occupational Therapist (OT) - School Setting must have completed an approved curriculum in a baccalaureate or masters program in occupational therapy, and registered/licensed as an occupational therapist to work in New York state.
- Must enjoy working with children, and passionate to provide services to children with special needs.
- Must be an energetic, motivated, and organized healthcare professional.
- A team player, eager to collaborate and coordinate with parents, school personnel, and an interdisciplinary team in order to support each student's needs and the achievement of their respective IEP goals.
We offer qualified Occupational Therapists (OT) the following:
- Coaching/Mentoring program for new graduates or Occupational Therapists (OT) looking to transition to the school setting.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Variety of school types (public and charter) and school locations, where we hold primary status.
- Competitive compensation rates and benefits (HOURLY RATE OF $70.00 TO $74.00).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $70.00 to $74.00 /hour
- Occupational Therapy: 1 year (Preferred)