Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to support an intelligence community (IC) agency's collection and analysis operations. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll write scripts to integrate data, conduct exploratory data analysis to discover hidden patterns, apply machine learning to train predictive models, and use the right combination of tools to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help mission partners make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in support of the IC’s global mission.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with using programming languages to manipulate and analyze data, including Python, R, or Java
- Knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics, including hypothesis testing
- Ability to communicate information to a senior executive audience in oral or written formats
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with developing data visualizations, dashboards, or lightweight Web applications to communicate key insights
- Experience with using SQL to conduct complex database queries
- Experience with training deep learning models for computer vision or natural language understanding using frameworks, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Experience with using Apache Spark to aggregate and analyze large data sets from various sources
- Experience with using the Joint Enterprise Modeling and Analytics (JEMA) framework or Apache NiFi to develop data processing workflows
- Knowledge of commercial Cloud services used by the IC
- Ability to apply supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms for clustering, classification, and dimensionality reduction
- MA or MS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, CS, Data Analytics, or a related technical field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.