Senior PMO Analyst, VMO Position
Open to Glendale, WI or Boca Raton, FL
What you will love about Johnson Controls:
We’ve been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now, all over the world, our products and services empower customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources.
What you will do
- Global, innovative, industry leader
- #70 on Fortune’s most admired companies list
- Embraces diversity
- Growth opportunities abound
- Fast paced, evolving company, always learning, always adapting
- Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays
JCI is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior PMO Analyst to join our growing Johnson Controls Vendor Management Office (VMO) team. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills. This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction, the capacity to move quickly and be flexible while delivering high-quality results. Having an eye for process improvement is critical as we will look to the Senior PMO Analyst, VMO for input on how to evolve our current processes.
How you will do it
- Contract review and negotiation, with the ability to coordinate incoming contracts for review and train other team members.
- Maintain and manage information in the contract management and invoice processing systems with ability to coordinate for procurement and invoice processing against budget.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships and partnerships with IT vendors and customers.
- Manage external vendor relations on behalf of Global IT organization and associated Resource Managers.
- Coordinate all vendor management tasks inclusive of working with external vendors and internal employees.
- On-going research of IT contract terms and conditions and best practices in contract review and negotiation.
- Manage the vendor management process upon requests, involving key stakeholders to ensure global integration and alignment with business objectives. Communicate the process globally and regionally.
- Support Resource Management team with the onboarding and offboarding of resources to ensure quality of the Global IT Labor Model.
- Establish new Vendor Management Office processes around spend management, contract management, vendor analysis, vendor/contractor selection and vendor/contractor transition.
- Manage oversight of high risk vendors covering their financial health, insurance, security, regulatory compliance, quality of deliverable and service performance.
- Analyze vendor relationships and determines due diligence requirements and measures risks.
- Monitor, analyze and maintain vendor information and documentation.
- Monitor vendor performance by maintaining an open line of communication with various business units
- Work collaboratively with business units, Procurement and Finance to ensure documentation is received and updated as needed
- Identify improvement areas internally as well as perform closely with all internal stakeholders to prepare solutions.
- Provide detailed reporting for management and executive leadership on Vendor Management Office metrics and trends.
- Keep current on regulatory requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we look for
Who we are
- Bachelor’s Degree with Business or Technical Discipline or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience working within the Johnson Controls (JCI) framework
- 5+ years working with procurement related processes (preferred)
- Experience of working in medium to large-sized businesses in a global technical capacity
- Familiarity with global strategic sourcing processes – managing the search, analysis, negotiating, signing, supplier, supplier location portfolio and service contracts
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
- Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises
- Good knowledge of the IT vendors and new technologies
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done in fast a paced multi-tasked environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and consultants at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical and project prioritization skills for effective workload management.
- Effective meeting facilitator.
- Project management and/or coordination skills.
- Travel may be required domestic and international
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Job Information Systems
Other LocationsUS-FL-Boca Raton