We are seeking a Senior Habitat Restoration Specialist with eight or more years of habitat restoration project design and implementation experience to join Dudek.
This position may be based at one of our Southern California offices, which includes Encinitas, Pasadena, San Juan Capistrano or Santa Barbara.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptual design and planning for mitigation, revegetation, and restoration projects including preparation of resource agency-formatted conceptual mitigation plan documents
- Opportunities and constraints analysis for compensatory mitigation projects.
- CRAM Assessments
- Assistance with resource agency permitting
- Client marketing and relations, and proposal preparation and coordination
- Project management including workflow, budget tracking, sub-consultant coordination and coordination with internal staff specialists
- Business development for habitat restoration services
- QA/QC technical review of habitat restoration documents
- Construction level final design of habitat restoration/mitigation projects
- Ability to manage and direct construction monitoring and long-term biological monitoring
- Regular and frequent communication, feedback, and coordination with Supervisors, Project Managers, and Phase Managers is required
Education, Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Eight years or more of habitat restoration project design and implementation experience in the State of California is required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Ecology, Botany, Biology, Environmental Science
- Broad knowledge of local ecology, plant communities and ecological processes
- Detailed knowledge of California native vegetation communities and component plant species by association
- Broad knowledge of native plant species regional range and environmental requirements
- Detailed knowledge of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) 2008 Compensatory Mitigation Rule; Corps guidance documents for determination of mitigation ratios, uniform ecological performance standards, and regional compensatory mitigation and monitoring; and Corps 404 regulatory permit program
- Detailed knowledge of California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) Regulatory Program under Section 1600 of Fish & Game Code
- Detailed knowledge of Regional Water Quality Control Board, 401 Water Quality Certification Program.
- Detailed knowledge of USFWS, Endangered Species Act
- Broad knowledge of Mitigation Banks and In-Lieu Fee Programs
- Broad knowledge of and ability to identify native and non-native plant species
- Non-native/exotic plant species control strategies and treatments
- Basic knowledge of soil chemistry and properties
- Basic knowledge of hydrology
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Basic knowledge of landscape construction installation and maintenance practices
- Ability to read topographic maps and relate topographic mapping to onsite conditions
- Easy-going, yet passionate self-motivated and self-directed individual who is a creative problem solver willing and able to work individually and in a team environment
- Adaptability, willingness to proactively seek information from a variety of sources to maintain forward project momentum
- Ability to work independently to market services and generate work
- Ability to conduct occasional fieldwork in strenuous and steep terrain conditions, sometimes in unfavorable weather
- Work may involve assignments in remote locations working individually or in teams
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to over 400 professionals in California, Hawaii, and Oregon.
As an employee owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our office environments are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer