Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical / dental, 401(k) and profit sharing.
The Iowa Division has an opening for a Class A - CDL Truck Driver. The Class A - CDL Truck Driver is responsible for operating a tractor trailer or other specialized truck/vehicle that transports cargo to and from specified destinations in compliance with all related DOT regulations. This position prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick-up of goods and ensures timely service. The Class A - CDL Truck Driver is responsible for securing and unloading cargo in compliance with all DOT and company safety policies, as well as maintaining logs of travel and cargo in accordance with federal and state regulations. This position also assists various warehouse duties, as needed. Drivers will be trained to use an Electronic Onboard Device (EOB).
- Must be at least 21 years of age (DOT required)
- 3+ years experience driving a tractor trailer within the last 5 years, preferably within the steel industry
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a currently valid commercial motor vehicle operator's license issued only by one state or jurisdiction with current home address appearing on license
- Satisfactory motor vehicle record
- English fluency
- Flat-bed experience preferred
- Experience using Zatanet or QualComm technology preferred