The Property Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Property Managers and Engineering Team as requested and is also responsible for providing prompt and courteous assistance and a high level of customer service to the Tenants of three Class A commercial office buildings totaling approximately 840,000 sf of space. The Property Administrator is responsible for complying with the operational policies and procedures established by JBG SMITH.
- Responsible for answering all telephone calls, assisting or resolving problems with the caller and delivering verbal or emailed messages to the appropriate person(s) in a timely fashion.
- Managing the Angus automated work ticket system to include entering and closing tickets, following up with tenants for satisfaction, and preparing reports and graphs as requested.
- Assist in conducting and documenting property inspections using the Angus/Tenant Services system.
- Administrative duties including typing, spell checking and proofreading all correspondence and reports, filing, maintaining up-to-date Tenant Contact Lists and Tenant lease files, purchasing and maintaining office supplies and equipment. Performing other administrative duties as assigned.
- Responsible for accurately processing invoices in Bizflow, the online payment software, for the Property Manager's approval.
- Completing all miscellaneous tenant billing for GSA and private tenants including preparing invoices to Tenants for Property Manager’s approval, distributing invoices to Lease Accountant to be assessed, and processing credit card payments. Review utility readings provided by engineering staff, and prepare tenant invoices (MTC) monthly and/or quarterly.
- Process purchasing paperwork, including input of invoices into BizFlow, researching, coding, tracking, processing all types including purchase orders, contracts and first addendum, special check requests. Coding, review and input of invoices prior to payment at the direction of the Property Manager.
- Assist the Property Manager in researching and assembling information and data for various reports.
- Coordinating Tenant move-ins and move-outs, monitoring scheduled use of the freight elevator and loading docks via Angus, coordinating Kastle Systems and cleaning contractors, ordering suite signs and lobby directory signage, arranging or canceling parking privileges, and otherwise promptly assisting tenants as needed.
- Assist in receivables collections. Work closely with Property Manager and Lease Administrator in collecting GSA and other receivables by placing telephone calls, documenting A/R notes, drafting letters, and calculating late fees and interest.
- Utilizing Basecamp website to update master building calendar, complete assigned to-do’s, and communicate with team members on assigned projects.
- Utilizing Excel to create, manage and update tracking spreadsheets for vendor contracts, GSA service contracts, tenant billing and project status.
- Perform back-up duties to the Property Manager when that individual is not in the office. This includes becoming familiar with company emergency policies and procedures and using good judgment in emergency situations.
- Completing special projects as assigned with the flexibility to also cover additional properties as needed.
- Assist in the ongoing tenant outreach program to consist of monthly tenant appreciation events and quarterly tenant round table meetings.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Two (2) or more years of office experience, preferably in the property management, retail or customer service industry.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel necessary.
- Intermediate capabilities with other Windows programs and the operation of a PC in general. Ability to learn and effectively use internal software packages such as IBS and Bizflow.
- Clerical skills: type 40-50 wpm, meticulous record keeping, and organized file maintenance.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to accurately collect, interpret, organize and evaluate detailed data.
- Friendly, helpful team player with a positive, customer-service attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to work independently and effectively manage concurrent tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexible, versatile, and able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Quick learner, independent worker/thinker.
- Great attention to detail; follow-through.
- Bright, capable, logical, intelligent.
- Exercise good judgment and takes initiative to properly address and resolve issues.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to partner with manager to increase efficiency and organization.
- Ability to prepare draft correspondence from verbal guidance and/or notes and proofread to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors.
Other Important Attributes:
- Pleasant and professional image and phone manner.
- Composed demeanor, professional appearance, positive attitude and customer-oriented approach are priorities for this position.
- Ability to keep processes moving forward and take initiative as appropriate.
- Must be confident and capable when communicating with customers inside and outside the company.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, effectively prioritizes tasks, and manages time well.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, dependable with excellent attendance, flexible and versatile.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- The type and number of properties assigned may change so the applicant must be flexible.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to the extent the Company may do so without undue hardship.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk and occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to the extent the Company may do so without undue hardship.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.