Under the direction of the License Center Supervisor, the License Specialist is responsible for providing direct customer service in a wide variety of ways (drive up window, face to face and by telephone) to a diverse customer service base. License specialist evaluates, reviews documents for possible fraud, renews registration and completes title transfers for motor vehicles, accepts and processes passports, serves and assists in absentee voting , issues game & fish licenses, and processes renewals, transfers for the Department of Natural resources.
Responds to public inquiries and requests for information in a proficient and accurate manner as governed by the State of MN and the US Dept of State.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates, prepares, and processes motor vehicle titles and registration applications to determine fees to be collected.
- Responds to public inquiries and requests for information in person and by telephone.
- Evaluates, prepares, and processes Department of Natural Resources (DNR) recreational vehicle titles and registrations.
- Processes game and fish licenses.
- Accepts and evaluates passport applications.
- Reconciles and completes motor vehicle, drivers license reports to state departments
Process absentee ballots.
- Performs other comparable duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years related work experience in high volume customer service position.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to prove US Citizenship and be able to pass a BCA (Bureau of Criminal Apprehension) background check
- Must test and become a "Certified Title and Registration Professional" by the State of Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services Division (DVS) within 12 months of starting employment. This Certification must be kept current while employed.
- Must complete a passport training course and test out to become a passport acceptance agent.
- In depth knowledge of Minnesota DVS, Department of Public Safety, Department of Natural Resources, and US State Department procedures and practices related to motor vehicle titling and registration, driver's licenses, boat licensing and registration, snowmobile licensing, passports, game and fish licenses, and absentee voting.
- Previous experience with computer hardware and IBM compatible software, along with familiarity of routine office equipment.
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examinations (interviews). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interview(s) and background investigation.