The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) is seeking a MA Licensed secondary level Math Teacher to work at an adolescent Department of Mental Health program in Tewksbury, MA for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.Experience working in institutional settings a plus.
We may also consider unlicensed applicants – if you feel this is the right job for you, please apply! CES has a Licensure Program to help you get your teaching career off to a great start. Our convenient locations and hybrid-online format can help you easily make the transition to licensed teaching.
This is a union contract position; salary is based on union scale which includes paid personal and sick time. If you need it, sick leave may be advanced; 4.5 days for new hires; prorated based on start date. Teachers are part of the teachers’ state retirement system (MTRS) or the State Retirement System. Qualified staff may receive loan forgiveness - up to $17,500!
Who We Are: Dedicated and collaborative teams of educators committed to supporting teaching excellence thru coaching, professional development and excellent administrative support. CES prides itself on providing robust and engaging learning opportunities to all its teachers.
We value: Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is a foundational to the work we do… together!
Social Justice and Equity work is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand that all forms of oppression are damaging. We engage in this work pro-actively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to.
We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is you:
- You are an innovative, creative and collaborative secondary level Math Teacher; or an educator willing to secure an 8-12 level license at renewal, or within 2 years of renewal which occurs in the 19-20 academic year.
- You have a passion for teaching, especially youth who have been placed at risk.
- The opportunity to teach small classes which are personalized that focus on academic and behavioral success.
- You value professionalism, positive youth development, and culturally responsive teaching.
- You love to learn! You strive to understand emerging trends in education, seek to thoughtfully employ best practices, support diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
- You recognize that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires ongoing education and a commitment to allyship.
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- Provide effective, high quality, direct educational instruction to youth assigned to DYS.
- Participate and implement effective instructional strategies and research based curriculum.
- Support the development and implementation of multiple pathways for learning, including, as appropriate, GED preparation, diploma, post-secondary coursework, career exploration, and vocational opportunities.
- Integrate individual student’s education background information to design instruction, including IEP goals and objectives, EYF education and career goals, learning style information, and accommodations as needed.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
- MA secondary level Math Teacher (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply