If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do and solving complex problems while contributing to helping patients on their path to better health, consider growing your career as an Executive Manager, Clinical Practice within CVS Health MinuteClinic Clinical Practice team!
This role will focus on identifying, managing, and implementing a portfolio of clinical strategies to realize value in our Business to Business and Business to Consumer partnerships to achieve our mission of helping people on their path to better health. As an Executive Manager, Clinical Practice you will work with a high-energy team that is motivated by the opportunity to drive better health outcomes for our patients and realize financial results for CVS Health. We want to uncover new opportunities for our patients and business partners, develop innovative strategies to drive results and then operationalize these strategies where applicable across our ~10,000 pharmacies, ~1,100 Minute Clinic locations and other enterprise assets (e.g., CVS Caremark, specialty, Coram). We’re excited for this work – so we look forward to working with somebody who shares our passion and enthusiasm!
The Executive Manager, Clinical Practice will provide clinical expertise to projects and initiatives promoting and leading the ongoing strategic growth and clinical practice for MinuteClinic. With an advanced practice, clinical provider and healthcare program management background you will be responsible for the strategy, design, development, pilot, implementation, and measurement of new and existing service programs. You will be accountable for the integration of clinical decision making within a revenue and financial framework, including Service Recovery, Reporting, and Integrated Analytics. Working in a matrix environment, the Executive Manager, Clinical Practice will be required to influence at multiple levels to ensure clinical and operational elements are well-thought-out and included in the planning and implementation of growth strategies for a fast-paced, geographically-dispersed organization. The role requires excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills demonstrated. Must possess skills needed for effective management and communication of virtual teams.
Working in a matrix environment, you will be responsible for leading, influencing, providing direction, facilitation, and managing the full life cycle of projects and/or or programs related to clinical services. This includes working cross functionally and collaboratively with multiple business unit stakeholders including but not limited to: Clinical Quality, Patient Safety, Operations, Physician Management, Pharmacy, Information Technology/Systems, Revenue Cycle, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Training, and Field Operations, as well as manage across the CVS Health enterprise and vendor relationships.
The Executive Manager, Clinical Practice will be responsible for writing, development, and implementation of evidenced based clinical guidelines. The process includes researching and assessing current national standards of care and synthesizing information into concise clinical guidelines, related patient care and provider materials. Additional responsibilities include presenting clinical guidelines and service opportunities to a designated clinical review committee, participating and facilitating other working committees and ensuring collaboration exists with internal corporate and field operations teams to ensure smooth integration of clinical and operational components of new products and services.
The ability to understand:
business, operational, and clinical needs, be creative in problem solving, navigate a fast-paced changing environment, lead teams, and make decisions that directly impact project outcomes and MinuteClinic workflow is critical to be successful in this role. The ideal candidate will demonstrate solid leadership skills, have experience with product development, planning and management, innovation, collaboration, and possess strong presentation, organizational, written and oral communication skills. Must possess skills needed for effective management of virtual teams.
This Job Might Be For You If:
- You’re a leader. And you know that means more than leading people. You know that it means taking initiative with a project…anticipating the next steps and taking action before asked. You also know that it can mean leading from behind and stepping in with much needed support.
- You enjoy solving complex problems. If you don’t know how to do something, you work to find the answers. You don’t get frustrated easily when something doesn’t go the way you planned.
- You can take complicated concepts and communicate them effectively to a variety of audiences. You write well. You pay attention to the details. You can articulate your thoughts eloquently. You have a track record of successfully influencing senior leadership and clients.
- You enjoy working in teams with a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. You get satisfaction from mentoring team members and seeing them succeed. You listen to others’ ideas with an open mind.
- You value innovation. You are comfortable questioning the status quo. You are willing to take calculated risks. You are always looking for new ways to improve existing processes.
- You are self-motivated. You are eager to step up and take on new and exciting challenges. You take ownership of your work and your team’s work. You pay attention to the details. You notice that the phrase “You pay attention to the details” was used twice in this job description.
- You are passionate about working to improve the health outcomes of CVS Health patients. You recognize that transformational change in health care doesn’t happen overnight and you are committed to making a difference one step at a time.
- You take charge of your own career growth and development. You have lofty goals and you see how this position will help you get there.
- You enjoy spending your weekends reading the health section of the paper or listening to healthcare podcasts. You’re interested in tracking how the industry is evolving and like understanding the intricacies of it.
- Experience in health care, health insurance/managed care or in a for-profit clinical environment required.
- Direct Clinical Care
- Proven capability conducting and managing quantitative portfolio and growth analysis.
- Knowledge of current healthcare provision trends is required, as is the interdependencies of third party payers, regulators, and providers in the profit environment.
- Strong leadership and relationship building with the ability to manage projects and cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of stakeholders, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization
- Capable of influencing at all levels, primarily with MinuteClinic leadership.
- Experience in project managing clinically based programs preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and influence others and to affect change.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Goal driven, detailed oriented personality needed.
- Proven ability to work effectively with teams and independently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to lead a team of people.
- High energy and works with a sense of urgency to deliver results.
- A self-starter who is driven to continuously improve and optimize products and services.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance to proactively develop and present potential solutions.
- Ability to not simply multitask, but to quickly and efficiently delineate the work into high ROI action items while effectively managing and adapting to evolving priorities in a decisive manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results.
Current Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Active, unrestricted state license to practice as FNP or PA
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.