ComSys, Inc. is seeking a qualified multidisciplinary System Administrator to be a dedicated front-line resource for network and server design and management for our client in downtown Kenosha, Wisconsin. This position will work with a small team of other professionals managing and supporting the critical systems and network devices, ensuring high-availability, assist with helpdesk tickets, and provide outstanding customer service to our client.
This position is applications, systems and system administration focused, but a qualified candidate must have a broad range of abilities, be proficient in at least Windows or Linux administration, be willing to utilize their entire skillset, and learn new skills to support a complex and dynamic environment with a dedicated small team.
The ideal candidate will be a person that embraces challenges, is a self-starter, a peer leader, can manage their time independently, be forward-thinking, and will have a passion for designing and maintaining mission-critical systems.
Primary Job Duties
- Respond to and resolve high to medium priority helpdesk tickets either through self-resolution or working with third-party support.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, document, and proactively maintain physical and virtual servers, systems and applications.
- Monitor services, and systems for faults and respond appropriately.
- Improve the reliability and functionality of the network and related systems.
- Work with team members, management, and administrative staff to develop long term strategic goals.
- Execute maintenance tasks in a manner that is least disruptive to the environment, including scheduling some after-hours service windows if required.
- Serve as an escalation and backup point for low-priority helpdesk tickets to resolve issues.
- Assist with configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining end-user workstations, peripherals and applications.
- On-call rotation to respond to and remotely resolve high priority helpdesk tickets (24x7). On-site response may be required if unable to resolve remotely.
- Ability to work in a professional environment and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and information to a non-technical audience.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, lift upto 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable in a law enforcement environment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to downtown Kenosha within a 30-minute window during on-call hours.
- Fingerprinting and successful background check required.
Experience and Abilities
A qualified candidate must possess the following required system administration experience and abilities:
- Windows server administration.
- Installing, managing, and troubleshooting Windows Server operating systems. 2012 R2 preferred.
- Administering Active Directory and Group Policy is a must. Other roles such as IIS, NPS are preferred.
- Maintaining updates and patching schedules and routines with WSUS.
- Comfortable installing, managing, and troubleshooting third-party applications and working with third-party support as needed.
An ideal candidate will also possess some or all following experience and abilities:
- Windows SQL Server administration.
- Installing, managing, and troubleshooting Windows SQL Server.
- Familiar with and comfortable with SQL queries, stored procedures, maintenance routines.
- MySQL Server administration
- Virtual environment administration
- Experience with hypervisor environments, concepts and technologies. VMware/ESXiexperience preferred.
- Network storage administration.
- Experience and comfortable with SAN technologies and concepts. Dell Compellent preferred.
- Experience and comfortable with NAS technologies and concepts.
- Windows desktop administration.
- Developing and writing scripts; Powershell, Python, etc.
- Developing, writing, and maintaining HTML and PHP code.
- Experience with machine and file level backup methods and techniques.
- End-client security applications including, but not limited to centralized antivirus, IDS and firewall.
Previous Training and Education
A qualified candidate must have 3 or more years of practical experience, in addition to some certification or a college degree or a combination of certifications and college degrees. Certifications and college degree requirement isnegotiable based on the amount of practical experience. An ideal candidate would also be pursuing continuing education and certification.
Qualifying certifications include, but are not limited to:
- CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+
- Microsoft: MCP, MTA, MSCA, MSTE, MCDBA
Other Training and Experience
The following experience and abilities are not required, but are welcomed, and would be considered during candidate selection and salary consideration:
- Programming experience
- Supervisory or management experience
- Project management training or experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- system administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan