Dacon Corporation is a design/build firm encompassing in-house design, planning and construction. We aren’t just builders of structures. We build character. Integrity. Optimism in the possible. Reliance on each other and a diversity of thinking.
We seek a Project Architect who is organized, can provide technical direction, and leads multiple projects from conception to completion. He/she is responsible to ensure the design, specifications, and construction documents meet governing codes, regulations, company standards and standards of the industry. He/she is responsible for managing all engineering consultants/subcontractors associated with any project to ensure thorough coordination, quality workmanship, schedule, and budget compliance.
- Hold an equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in the associated field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Establish the project scope, A/E budget, and schedule for the development of the construction documents on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Produce all required program documentation, meeting minutes, and/or correspondence associated with each project to ensure clear communication and expectations with all team members.
- Ensure project scope is in alignment with project budget.
- Establish the design goals and objectives and program requirements for each project.
- Work with Senior Technical Architect to perform code review of the schematic design documents.
- Attend local municipal hearings when appropriate.
- Responsible for accurate budgeted A/E costs, man hour tracking, and schedules.
- Ensure production of accurate, comprehensive construction documents that are consistent with the corporate design philosophy.
- Ensure coordination of the efforts of Structural, Civil, and MEP/FP and any other consultants/subcontractors required for a project.
- Ensure coordination of project summary with Civil, Architectural, Structural, and MEP/FP drawings.
- Ensure coordination between Civil, Architectural, Structural, and MEP/FP drawings.
- Perform QA/QC and a constructability review on each project.
- Effectively utilize, direct, support, motivate, and mentor Design Technologists and Architectural Designers while encouraging their career development.
- Check construction documents and the work of subordinates prior to each release of documents.
- Ensure the building design is in compliance with all local zoning bylaws, state building and fire codes, energy codes, and handicap accessibility regulations.
- Enforce company document control procedures.
- Ensure review of shop drawings for conformance to construction documents and project summary.
- Perform regular site inspections and promptly issue progress field reports.
- Attend regular project site meetings.
- Ensure all PDA and consultants’/subcontractors’ site inspections are documented in a timely manner.
What a Dacon Employee Looks Like
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, highly technical and creative.
- A maverick in oral/written communications, presentations, analysis, problem solving, and client collaboration.
- Naturally curious; organized and efficient in managing multiple projects.
- Collaborates cross functionally, seamlessly interfacing with clients and internal resources.
- A grounded sense of communal purpose and enjoyment of career.
Individual minds. Collective talent. Talk to us and see where it takes you.
Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format not to exceed 5MB
Job Type: Full-time
- Architecture: 5 years (Required)