Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $100,000- $110,000/ year
Experience: 6+ years’ experience in a Senior Accounting role
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent experience
Date Updated: November 20, 2023
Now is the time to join Lindahl Reed, Inc. Lindahl Reed is a professional services company that provides program management, engineering and technical, and management advisory services to federal, state, institutional, and commercial customers nationwide. We offer expertise in the health, energy, and environmental markets. Lindahl Reed was founded on the belief that we can advance a safer, healthier, and more resilient and sustainable world. Our solutions allow clients to work smarter and gain unique insights and understanding into their organization as well as improve decision-making to help meet their mission, business, compliance, and operational challenges – now and into the future. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Lindahl Reed is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Senior Staff Accountant to help manage financial operations within our organization. The ideal candidate will possess strong accounting skills, exceptional organizational abilities, and a proactive approach to problem-solving. This role requires the ability to multitask and handle a wide range of responsibilities to ensure smooth accounting operations.
- Perform activities necessary to complete monthly reconciliation of General Ledger Balance Sheet accounts. Ensure that all journal entries are entered and posted appropriately.
- Perform activities necessary to close fiscal periods in accordance with the monthly closing schedule.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly financial statements in total, by program, and by department. Assist with the preparation of detailed financial analyses and reports as requested by management. Perform special accounting and finance-related projects as assigned.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic audits, regulatory reports, tax filings, and informational summaries.
- Review and approve all Accounts Payable vouchers and batch edits to ensure compliance with internal control policies and GAAP requirements.
- Provide supervision to the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialists to ensure that all transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions, take appropriate actions, and follow tasks through to completion within a fast-paced environment.
- Respond cooperatively to managers and staff members in other departments to promote teamwork.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or experience equivalent
- 6+ years' experience in a Senior Accounting role
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and v-lookups
- Detail-Oriented: Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and financial record keeping.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective vendor and team interactions.
- Team Player: Collaborative attitude and willingness to work closely with colleagues.
- Problem Solver: Ability to identify and resolve issues in a proactive and efficient manner.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Government contracting accounting experience is a plus.
- Unanet experience is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
The following benefits are available to benefit-eligible employees:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Retirement Plan
- Company paid Basic Life and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
By applying for remote work, you are able to set up your own ergonomic work environment.
All positions require a background check after acceptance of our offer. The selected candidate may be eligible to begin employment before the background check has been finalized. However, continued employment with Lindahl Reed will be contingent upon the timely results of candidate’s reference/background check. This position may require special credentialing, clearance, and access as a condition of employment. In the event the government or client does not sponsor or approve your clearance, it may result in termination of your employment. We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws view the following posters to see more information:
Family & Medical Leave
Equal Opportunity Employment
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Lindahl Reed’s sole discretion.