In keeping with the Mission Statement and Principles of Covenant House, is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable, donations support, and general accounting support.
- Sorts and opens incoming accounts payable mail.
- Distributes invoices to appropriate department heads for check requests and approval; interfaces with department heads to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Checks all statements with vendor payment records and requests copies of invoices when necessary.
- Processes invoices and check requests for payment; enters A/P batches into the Lawson accounting system.
- Processes accounts payable checks and submits for signature.
- Maintains open communication with all vendors.
- Maintains vendor files.
- Perform vendor research and analysis as needed.
- Reconciles department metro money usage and reimburses tokens as needed.
- Prepares monthly metro money reconciliation and journal entry.
- Ensures sufficient metro money inventory held in safe.
- Generates check requests to replenish token inventory.
- Picks up tokens from Metro.
- Prepares payroll related check requests for payment.
- Responsible for assigned general ledger account reconciliations, including research and resolution of discrepancies.
- May assist Financial Accountant in compiling and completing grant billings and reports.
- Maintain all accounts payable and payroll filing.
- Prepare benefit related Excel spreadsheets; reconcile to payroll reports.
- Prepare and enter approved journal entries as assigned by supervisor.
- Deposits all locally received contributions; scan deposit data to the Development Assistant.
- Responsible for collecting and tracking supplemental time sheets each payroll.
- Advise payroll preparer of any missing or incomplete time sheets.
- Assists Financial Accountant in preparing bi-weekly payroll; will serve as payroll back-up to the Financial Accountant.
- Must complete 19 hours of training per calendar year.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Must have 2-3 years work experience in general office administration, including general ledger account reconciliation and accounts payable functions.
- Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word; Lawson experience preferred
- Must be able to operate 10-key calculator by touch.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable sharing responsibilities in a small office setting where back-up functions are necessary.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License, and driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Covenant House Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)