TemPositions Eden Hospitality is a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies, a 56-year-old staffing leader. We are currently seeking a qualified Assistant General Manager for a long term and possible temp to hire assignment working with a Marriott-branded hotel in NYC.
The position has the overall responsibility for managing the operations of the this limited-service hotel to maximize profitability, ensure superior service and product quality, and drive brand and value initiatives, hotel performance, and the development of people and communication between departments.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of the front/back of the house operations as well as seeing to the guests needs as necessary. The position directly supports the General Manager.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES:
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ previous hotel experience as an Operations Manager or Assistant GM experience
- Must have previously worked at any Marriott property or brand
- Associates Degree or higher in Hospitality is preferred
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs much of the functions of the General Manager in his/her absence
- Ability to meet the demands of the assigned work schedule and the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours and duties due to call off's, schedule changes, etc. Schedules may vary based on business.
- The normal schedule is 5 days and will include either Saturday or Sunday.
- Staying current on all required training and standards guidelines for front office, housekeeping, maintenance and food service departments.
- Diffuses all guest/employee complaints promptly and professionally. In addition, solicits guest feedback to improve product and service for future growth.
- Directly supervises all staff at the Front Desk and Food Service. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in Housekeeping, Engineering and all departments accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems under General Manager guidance and approval.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
- Make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning the brand and management company resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour