Job Title: Concierge - Some third shift work required
Reports To: Property Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About Crescent Heights
Crescent Heights is a leading national real estate firm, specializing in the development and operation of architecturally distinctive mixed-use high-rises in major cities across the United States. With over 38,000 residences completed and in development, Crescent Heights manages all aspects of its properties internally and has received numerous excellence awards. Our bespoke urban homes are renowned for distinctive design, locally-inspired amenities, predictive service, technological innovation, and extensive lifestyle programming.
With the opening of the flagship NEMA in 2013, Crescent Heights set a new industry standard for luxury apartment rentals. Today, NEMA is growing into a national residential rental brand soon to open in some of America’s top cities: Chicago and Boston.
Located in Boston’s Seaport, a district that has evolved into the city’s most dynamic and vibrant mixed-use neighborhood, NEMA Boston is the flagship residence of New England’s 21st century innovation hub. NEMA is home to 414 apartment residences ranging from micro “innovation” units to spacious three-bedrooms, locally inspired, sustainably designed, and powered by technology.
First point of contact at lobby front desk for all residents, prospective residents, visitors and vendors. Serves as resident liaison. Assists residents regardless of whether inquiries concern in-property or off-premises attractions, facilities, services, or activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets residents with a smile.
- Provides assistance to residents, prospective residents, visitors and vendors.
- Maintains the sign in/out process for all guests, applicable deliveries and vendors
- Monitors surveillance cameras, door alarms, life safety systems, building alarms and investigates any unusual or suspicious activity
- Completes incident reports, pass-down reports and shift reports
- Responds to incidents and disturbances including, but not limited to, property emergencies, noise complaints and smoking complaints
- Assists, when necessary, with delivery of written notifications to residents
- Keeps abreast of local activities and the area establishments in order to answer questions and give directions.
- Informs supervisor of any resident issues or concerns
- Efficiently handles resident disputes when necessary, making every effort to achieve resident satisfaction.
- Exercises skills to identify situations that require attention and resolution as well as appropriate discretion that require the attention of management
- Follows all company safety and security policies and procedures, reports accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others. Complies with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Maintains absolute discretion regarding activities, interactions and personal data related to residents and their guests
- Assists in coordinating and implementing special projects as directed
- Maintains knowledge of the evacuation plan along with emergency procedures for emergency crews such as first responders, utility personnel, etc.
- Monitors the cleanliness of the lobby, sidewalks, entrances, and related work areas
- Assists with logistics of freight elevator usage during resident move-ins, move-outs and deliveries
- Must be available to work on an on-call basis
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings
Requires knowledge of basic front desk equipment and procedures including the operation of a multi-line telephone system.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Degree from four (4) year university highly desired, will consider candidates with degrees from a two (2) year university combined with related experience. Computer skills including: internet, email, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, memos and reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is performed in an office environment with a moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect inside and outside areas of the property location and may be exposed to on-going construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- hotel or residential: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement