- Customer Service
- Communication Skills
Bespoke Capital Markets Group, LLC is a family of companies that provides funds, investors, governments, and service providers with essential tools to grow their tax lien business. The BCMG team is organized into four divisions that service our family of companies and clients: Sales & Trading, Data & Analytics, Clearing & Operations, and Innovation & Product Development. The position is accountable
for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and
budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Responsible for guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures. Primary responsibilities include managing the financial aspects of the firm by establishing, monitoring and enforcing accounting, producing critical financial reports, which include but are not limited to: profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flows. In addition, presentation support and financial prospectuses. Federal and state regulatory company reporting requirements are also prepared and submitted in this role.
– Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
– Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
– Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
– Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
– Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
– Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
– Ensure payroll and commissions are progressed in a timely manner
– Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
– Ensure that required debt payments (if applicable) are made on a timely basis
– Maintain the chart of accounts
– Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
– Issue timely and complete financial statements
– Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
– Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of operations
– Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
– Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
– Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
– Provide for a system of management cost reports
– Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
– Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
– Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
– Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
– Maintain (and when applicable) file reports with Federal and State authorities
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
– 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
– Proficiency in English, Spanish, MS Office, & QuickBooks
– Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
– High degree of accuracy & attention to detail
– Professionalism and confidentiality is an absolute must, along with maintaining security of the Executive Offices.
– Work well under pressure with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
– Have exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
– Be adept at learning new software.
Preference will be given to candidates who are Certified Public Accountants and/or seeking this license.