Syndicate Sales, Inc. is seeking an Administrative Assistant to assume primary day to day responsibility for administrative tasks with the Distribution Center offices. Located in Kokomo, Indiana, Syndicate Sales is a manufacturer, importer, and distributor of over 1500 items to the floral industry with customers in all 50 states, Canada, South America, Europe and Japan. With over 1,000,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing in Kokomo, and employing 250 team members, Syndicate Sales has been an innovator in the floral industry.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- High school diploma. Some college preferred,
- One year successful administrative assistant experience
- Must be proficient in MS Office and demonstrate an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Must be flexible to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Handles the day to day administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones, scheduling and coordinating meetings, interviews, events and other similar activities, sending out and receiving mail and packages, preparing business (email and hard copy) correspondence, maintaining filing system of documents including confidential records, petty cash, and purchase orders.
- Coordinates the processing of time records for payroll processing including entering time in Navision for Syndicate unit and non-unit team members and Staffing Resource temporary staff.
- Maintains attendances records including documentation of absence occurrences, approval of vacation requests,
- Schedules and coordinates onboarding process for new hires and temps coming and leaving the DC.
- Maintains the reports with weekly pay data including but not limited to: Days Worked Report for Temps, DC/East/North Plant Hours Worked Report, Office Team Members Time Sheets and Report, Shift Assignment Report, Phone List, Pallet Report, Safety Reports, Spotter Log, Tow Motor Log,
- Handles ATCP Summary Report and Process including entry of occurrences, printing violations and obtaining signatures from team members, entry in Navision, and forward of hard copies to HR.
- Works with Director of Distribution to execute timely communication of 6/7 day overtime, job openings, upcoming events, and notices of shift changes, collective bargaining unit requests
- Handles daily communication of empty trailer needs for the pallet department.
- Handles incentive reporting for collective bargaining unit.
- Maintains inventory of office and shop supplies, vending services, and Expense Summary Report.
- Assists with Safety compliance by maintaining tow motor checklists, spotter audits, and the Safety Information Board.
- Schedules readiness training in DC office functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Office Suite: 1 year
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year