The successful candidate will support a new program at Perspecta, focused on Mission integration of a new Space Domain architecture. Tasks include assessing the capabilities planned for Satellite Vehicle, Ground and User segments, and how these interact with each other and then developing and implementing a plan to ensure that the combined system will be able to support the mission capabilities. Central to this is the integration of the Ground Segment mission systems. Mission operations (demo and other flight test planning) has a direct interface with the Warfighter and brings together these capabilities (COMM Transport, OPIR, Ground C2), mesh network capabilities, low-latency high-bandwidth optical link capabilities, network management, tactical communications, mission planning, and the DoD elements already conducting critical warfighter missions.
This mission integration engineer will develop and mature requirements for a “Capstone” demonstration to be held at the end of the first Task Order. This is a fast paced program that will deliver a MVP capability to support the warfighter. A focus of this role is working with the segments to identify gaps in the architecture and interfaces and refine the CONOPS based upon expected Segment capabilities.
Specific Tasks include:
- Support the Capstone detailed design, analysis, planning, and integration activities;
- Develop a detailed Mission Operations integration plan in coordination with stakeholders;
- Work with the stakeholders (Segments, Users, Partners) to define operational details, lower-level use cases (mission elements or components), requirements, interfaces, and controlling documents.
- Evaluate the demonstrations, simulations, and testing required to demonstrate mission capability and document the interfaces, internal and external operations and resources required to successfully accomplish them. The Contractor shall support the development of planning documents, memorandums of agreement or understanding, and any other documentation required.
General Responsibilities: Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Active Top Secret Clearance is required to be eligible for consideration
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $101,000.00 - $161,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- job related work: 10 years (Preferred)