TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking candidates for a Software Engineer position. This position will design, develop, modify and test the simulation shipboard Machinery Control Systems.
- Strong programming skills and experience with MATLAB and Simulink, especially the following: Real-Time Workshop, SimPower Systems, Stateflow, StateflowCoder
- CMMI, Level 3 technical practices
- Strong C, C++ and/or C# programming skills
- Strong experience with version control software, such as SourceSafe, Subversion, cybersecurity patching/implementer, etc.
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software based simulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire, interest and proven capabilities to operate in a fast-paced team environment with distributed areas of expertise
- A proven ability to initiate, investigate and solve technical issues with minimized technical oversight
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills towards the identification and resolution of software issues
- A key interest and proven pursuit of a strong desire to increase scope and depth of technical expertise
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Programming languages - Ada, C++
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and above
- Operating Systems - Windows 7, RedHat or other Linux Shell administration and programming
- Versa Module Eurocard (VME) Bus / VPX experience
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience
- VMWare Administration
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 4-8 years of directly related experience.
This position may require up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- java: 1 year (Preferred)