Working autonomously, MinuteClinic Physician Assistants (PA) conduct physical assessments, perform and interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose and treat common conditions, provide screenings, interventions, counseling, and prescribe medications as needed to patients in specified age categories. Provide accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common family illnesses for patients over 18 months.
- Help patients manage their well-being with vaccinations and patient education
- Ensure patient information, visit history, refer outs, lab follow-up, phone calls, and consults are carefully and completely documented in the EMR
- Identify opportunities within local communities for development of outreach activities
- Daily use of computer, software programs (EMR), printer, scanner, and credit/debit card equipment
- Develop a close working relationship with store manager and pharmacist at the clinic location
- Perform non-clinical tasks as required (e.g. reporting, vaccination temperature management, maintain clinic appearance)
- Complete financial responsibilities pertaining to customer payments
- Willing to travel to other local MinuteClinic locations when necessary
Aside from a variety of schedule options, MinuteClinic offers competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefits plan, including a 401k match, CME reimbursement, tuition reimbursement for further education and incentive programs.
We are officially accredited by the ANCC as a nursing continuing education provider! At MinuteClinic, you will have the tools, training and resources needed to provide expert health care to those in need and educate your patients to live healthier lives.
By managing your own clinic you will develop business administrative skills which can lead to various internal growth options, such as our managers, who are consistently hired from within!
MinuteClinic offers its practitioners an environment of supportive autonomy. Our clinic leaders and collaborating physicians are always available for consultation, mentorship and support.
- Current PA license in applicable state
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Passion for the MinuteClinic concept and vision
- Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Initiative, creativity, problem-solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Ability to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
- Ability to consistently present a friendly, welcoming, and professional public-facing appearance
- If less than 1 year of work experience, prior student precepting rotation with MinuteClinic is preferred but not required
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health MinuteClinic practitioner, you have the unique opportunity to manage your clinic and treat your own patients, in an autonomous environment, always knowing you have the support of your colleagues, managers and collaborating physicians, behind you.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.