UX/UI Designer (contract) at GoPro
GoPro, Inc. is transforming the way people capture and share their lives. What began as an idea to help athletes self-document themselves engaged in sports has become a mobile storytelling solution that helps the world share itself through immersive content.
We’re looking for a passionate, well-rounded, kickass UX/UI Designer to join the GoPro Creative Team. This person will help bring the GoPro brand and products to life through relevant, beautiful and engaging online experiences. We’re committed to better understanding our diverse global customer base—who they are, what motivates them and how they connect with our products and services—to create solutions that inspire, captivate and convert. The UX/UI Designer will help lead the charge.
Us: a high-fiving, humorous, hard-working team of talented people with a passion for killer creative. You: a mid-level UX/UI Designer eager to play a part in the GoPro web revolution. Could this be you?
What You’ll Do
- Execute on all phases of the design process—from wireframing concepts and creating pixel-perfect visuals to final hand-off to engineering.
- Create responsive designs for multiple contexts and device types (desktop, mobile, tablet).
- Prototype innovative solutions that go beyond interfaces and product specs to user goals, storyboards and journey maps.
- Assist with user testing that involves analyzing data, A/B testing, and assimilating user feedback and activity.
- Perform research to thoroughly understand user motivations, market opportunities and competition.
Skills We're Stoked About
- 4+ years of experiencein UX and UI design at a relevant brand or agency. Portfolio or samples are required.
- BA/BS in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction,or other related fields is preferred.
- Ability to wireframe, prototype, visually pixel push and validate work using the usual tools like Sketch, InVision and Adobe Suite.
- You can distill ideas, clearly communicate them, influence others and build consensus.
- You have a passion for User Experience and designing interfaces that effectively serve the needs of the user and the business.
- You can work collaboratively across different teams with different skillsets, including Marketing and Product Managers, Engineers and Stakeholders.
- Experience with testing and usability labs, and rapid prototyping experience in agile environments.
- You’re a strategic and conceptual thinker as well as a tactical and pragmatic practitioner who Gets Stuff Done.
- You know when to uphold design conventions—and when to break them.
- You’re curious and love exploration, but are a true a problem-solver at heart.
- You want to learn, grow and elevate those around you, and are the kind of person others want to work with.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract