Merakey is seeking an Employee Relations Specialist to join our Corporate team in the Philadelphia and surrounding area.
- Employee Relations: Provide the best possible option to employees and management regarding company policies and procedures with respect to union contract language, federal, state, and local employment laws within an assigned operational area. Discuss and resolve employee concerns, including counsel with management and/or employees regarding performance and disciplinary matters and engagement in first level grievances as appropriate. Review and provide options, as needed, to find resolution to the concerns. Identify trends that will foster a positive and respectful work environment.
- Labor Relations: Partner with Labor Relations COE to provide guidance and consultation on employee issues consistent with collective bargaining agreements. Participates in first level grievances (as appropriate) and attends labor/management meetings.
- Policy/Procedures: Supports and assist with the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures as well as interpreting and communicating the policies and procedures. In conjunction with management, facilitates and leads the interactive process and requests for accommodations under the American's with Disabilities Act, as amended.
- Employee Investigation: Assist management with internal investigative procedures by offering options that will minimize legal exposure and are in accordance with the company's policies, procedures and best practices. Serves as primary investigator for all matters related to harassment, discrimination, hostile work environment, retaliation, and workplace violence.
- Training: Facilitates trainings developed by HR Consultants and/or PD&E and assists with the creation of training materials and information. May develop and facilitate training and/or communications regarding new and/or upcoming employment laws that may affect the day-to-day business operations.
- Compliance: Ensures managers are aware or updated compliance postings and educates managers on any regulatory changes related to employment
- Legal: Consults as necessary with General Counsel on HR related legal matters and manages the third party charge process, including preparing written responses to charges. Provides consultation and guidance to management and employees related to federal, state, and local employment laws, including FLSA, ADA, FMLA, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, etc.
- Unemployment: Participates in unemployment hearing prep calls and testifies at hearings as appropriate
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
For more information on Merakey and our various divisions, please visit: www.merakey.org
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources/Management or related field with at least 3 years of relevant HR experience
- Must have working knowledge of employee/labor relations, coaching & counseling employees, conducting internal investigations, and federal, state, and local employment laws (including but not limited to: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, EEOC/PHRC, HIPPA, COBRA, FLSA, ADAA, workers compensation, and FMLA leave of absence laws).
- Must have experience in a union environment with a general understanding of contract interpretation, grievance process and procedures, and just cause
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to facilitate training/present to large groups of employees and/or management level employees
- Valid driver's license, the ability to travel, and a personal vehicle are required.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification
- Master's degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Experience in a large, multi-division organization
- Non-profit experience and/or experience in human services or healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled