Job Specification Form
Job Title: Contracted Quality Control Associate
Department: Quality Control
Reports To: Environmental / Safety / Quality Control Manager
Status: P/T Exempt
Ensures, through various audits, inspections, tests and measurement, that project personnel follow approved maintenance and safety procedures and directives when performing repairs to equipment, service calls, alterations and maintenance and preventive maintenance repairs.
Ensures that equipment configurations are returned to normal operational readiness and that overall system performance is satisfactory after repairs and maintenance.
Performs inspections and audits on preventive maintenance processes (PMO’s), services calls (DMO’s), and independent job actions (PWO’s) and any other/related maintenance repairs the project may perform.
Responsible for ensuring that the procedures, technical manuals, and contractual requirements are complied with when performing inspections, configuration changes, alterations, testing and refurbishment operations.
Prepares QC reports as needed. Creates and follows up on corrective actions generated from identified deficiencies.
Under direction of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Quality Control Associate (QCA) produces and maintains quality and performance data and will provide data support for implementation of key quality improvement initiatives.
Collaborates with the Quality Control Supervisor, ESH Manager, and other team members as needed to ensure accuracy, integrity, validity, reliability and consistency in all quality control functions and documentation.
Assists in the maintenance of a departmental information system quality control database and performs data analysis, summary, and reporting.
- The position requires strong analytic and organizational skills, initiative, and ability to work independently.
- Collaboration with data owners across the organization.
- Ability to input inspection results into the Quality Control Inspection Database.
- Provide recommendations for any deficiencies found.
- Conduct follow-ups to deficiencies recorded to ensure corrective action has been implemented.
- Provide input to weekly and monthly inspection reports/graphs for submission to the Project Manager and/or Corporate Quality Control Manager.
- Interface with government counterparts in a professional way.
- Review standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions and flow charts for assigned areas to ensure compliance with quality control metrics.
- Generate Quality Control correspondence, as necessary.
- Quality Control Specialist will interface with tradesmen, professional staff, supervisors, managers and government counterparts and must present him/herself with a professional discipline displaying integrity and courtesy at all times.
- Attend quality control training as directed.
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles, which include planning, programs review, corrective action and follow-up actions, audits, product quality, acceptance criteria, test and inspection operations, documentation control, maintenance operations and monitoring, deficiency reporting and tracking.
- Understanding of procedures/directives pertaining to maintenance and safety during the performance of alterations, maintenance repair, preventive maintenance and services.
- Demonstrated strong time management, planning and coordination skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of an organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience preferably in the defense industry with previous analytic/quantitative or operations experience required. Demonstrated proficiency with quantitative analysis of data.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills/basic skills in statistical analysis
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, and Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer service
- Ability to query systems, abstract data, and clearly summarize and present data
EDUCATION (minimum necessary to perform job satisfactorily)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Minimum of three years Quality Control experience.
Work is performed in both a professional office setting and in the field at various job sites, mechanical rooms, construction sites, etc. throughout the Ft. Belvoir installation. Work is performed with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
Work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
This is a Contracted part-time, hourly position. Not to exceed 24 hours per work week.
Position pay: $40.00/hr.
Completed By: Peter Seufert
Completed Date: 01 April 2020
Review Date: 01 April 2021
Approved By (Supervisor):
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Pay: $20.93 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Only full-time employees eligible