- Market Research
- Word Processing
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
SALARY: $17.21 - $18.07
LOCATION: Marketing on Bellows AB in Waimanalo, Hawaii
PAY PLAN/SERIES/GRADE: NF-1101-03
POSITION NUMBER: 70146
(X) Regular- Full-Time
( ) Regular- Part-Time
( ) Flex
Minimum announcement period will be 5 business days.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists in developing and implementing marketing programs for the Services Squadron. Under the direction of the Marketing Specialist, assists in determining marketing techniques and strategies to increase efficiency, enhance participation and increase financial income to Services activities. Assists in conducting qualitative and quantitative market research. Using standard industry practice, computer software and/or instruments specifically developed for use within Services, adapts or modifies research techniques for local purposes. Administers surveys, collects data, tabulates responses, and assists the Marketing Specialist in analyzing results. Keeps the Marketing Specialist informed of consumer trends and their application to the activities. Makes recommendations to the Marketing Specialist on program modifications and enhancements. Assists in developing training programs for Services employees in areas related to marketing such as the marketing process, advertising strategies, customer relations and media techniques. Attends major Services Squadron events and provides constructive marketing feedback to the activity manager. Assists in conducting advertising campaigns. Obtains information on upcoming events, special programs and offers for activity managers. Assists the Marketing Specialist in developing communication strategies to determine the most effective and efficient method of reaching the target market. Makes recommendations to activity managers on the design of effective advertising vehicles and appropriate media mix. Assists in planning marketing campaigns designed to enhance participation in Services activities by considering the characteristics of the target audience and the media mix necessary to reach them. Assists in conducting media relations with on- and off-base media in concert with the Public Affairs Office. Provides or arranges for photographic support for Services functions. Prepares and presents briefings to base functions such as newcomers’ orientation and Commander's call. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have responsible experience which provides a general knowledge of marketing/advertising principles and practices. Experience must demonstrate the ability to perform research, select, arrange and compose material and maintain well-organized files. In addition, must have specialized experience which demonstrates the ability to design and layout advertising copy and artwork using desk top publishing software, word processing and other software. Must have experience developing, conducting and analyzing market research information. Must have ability to read, write and speak English. Must possess skill in dealing with customers and public. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
If position is announced as Regular Full Time (RFT) or Regular Part Time (RPT) you will be eligible for annual leave, sick leave, retirement, 401(k), health and life insurance. If you are a civil service employee with DoD, you may be eligible to keep the current retirement. As a Nonappropriated Fund employee, you are eligible to use the fitness center, golf course, bowling center, clubs, swimming pools and other Force Support Squadron facilities.
Applicant’s claiming Military Spouse, Family Member, Transitional or Veteran’s Hiring Preference must submit required documents to be considered. Reference the Preferences Tab above for required documents. We are not responsible for employment ineligibilities based on missing information or lack of documentation.
1. Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. If selected for an interview, applicants can expect to be contacted 1-3 weeks after the interview with a position offer or notification of non-selection.
2. All Federal NAF employees are required by PL 104-134 to have salary payments made by electronic funds transfer/direct deposit.
3. Internal NAF applicants pay may be set according to applicable pay setting rules.
4. For current appropriated fund (APF) employees, portability pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, para 18.104.22.168). For current nonappropriated fund (NAF) employees, pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, Table 18).
5. “Any Individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed”.