Flint Group is a leading global supplier to the packaging and print media industries.
The company operates 140 sites in about 50 countries worldwide and employs some 8,000 people.
We are dedicated to bringing color and function to the printing and packaging products that consumers touch, see and use each day.
We invite you to review the below job description and apply if you have the skills and requirements we are seeking.
Director Procurement Logistics NA
Director Procurement, Logistics
Planning and managing the procurement of logistics, warehouse and transportation services for the North American business with the goal to enhance business development and ensure customer satisfaction.
The position reports directly to the VP of Indirect Procurement and Services and will work closely with senior business management and the related supply chain personnel in supporting and overseeing logistics procurement and services to ensure everything the logistics program needs is in place to perform efficiently and effectively.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
- Ensure effective lines of communication to ensure timely delivery of materials and finished goods using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Develop and manage the logistics suppliers through selection, evaluation, and performance measurement.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement strategy plans and progress reports as required.
- Prepare annual North American transportation budget and periodic updates against budget as required.
- Prepare and manage logistics vendor contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables ensuring that all vendor complaints, claims, and concerns are addressed promptly to ensure uninterrupted services at all times.
- Maintain procurement databases including all relevant documentation and vendor tracking systems to maintain all the relevant information concerning the organization’s suppliers.
- As part of the procure-to-pay process lead the implementation of SAP/TM (transport module SAP) and maintain SAP/TM contracting part.
Job Qualifications & Required Skills
- B.A. required/Masters preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. Professional certification and membership to a reputable procurement and supplies body is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5-7 years logistics procurement management experience, preferably in a manufacturing related environment.
- Strong leadership and project/change management skills , analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with staff, stakeholders, customers and consultants.
- Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, power point, etc.).