- Basic Computer Skills
The United States Industrial Gas (USIG) division of Praxair, Inc. is
currently seeking an Instrument & Electrical Technician at our air
separation plant that provides low cost, high purity industrial gases
to our customers via pipelines and liquid transport.
The overall objective of the Instrument & Electrical Technician is to
ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the production
facility at the lowest life cycle cost. The Technician will be responsible for the management and execution of preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for instrument and electrical systems and equipment at the Memphis, TN site. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations in the field.
1. Assist in site compliance with Praxair and Regulatory requirements for
personnel safety, process safety and environmental policies.
2. Troubleshoot, calibrate, maintain and repair analyzers; process control instrumentation; and, predictive instrumentation systems.
3. Troubleshoot, maintain and repair electrical systems and equipment up
4. Preventive and predictive maintenance of plant instrument and
5. Maintain data and documentation related to calibration,
preventive/predictive and corrective activities in site specific
management systems such as ProCal and EAM.
6. Manage inventory of critical spares for instrument and electrical
equipment and systems.
7. Plan, schedule, estimate costs, coordinate and perform required
corrective and preventative/predictive work of instrument and electrical
systems during site outages.
8. Procure for site instrument and electrical needs.
9. Assist in identifying and resolving chronic instrument and electrical
10. Support root cause analysis program for major failures of instrument
and electrical systems.
11. Contribute to mechanical and process reliability as needed.
12. Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of
urgency and integrity.
The technician must be able to read and interpret process and
instrumentation diagrams; electrical prints; and, technical manuals. In
addition, the candidate must be computer literate; have strong
interpersonal skills; and, must be able to learn, function and contribute
in a fast-paced environment.
In this position, the technician will normally work day-shift Monday to
Friday. Availability and accessibility to work after-hours on routine and
emergency site issues is required. The technician will be required to work in different weather conditions and must be able to access elevated
instrument and electrical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts
and crane baskets.
1. Minimum 5 years of experience in the maintenance of instrumentation
and/or electrical systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
2. Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting, inspection,
calibration and/or repairs of industrial instrumentation and/or electrical systems and equipment such as analyzers, process control devices, process measurement devices, switchgear, transformers and motors.
3. Proven experience in preventive and predictive maintenance of
industrial instrumentation and/or electrical systems and equipment.
4. Proven ability to use instrumentation and electrical tools such as
meters, meggers, communicators and calibrators.
5. Proven ability to review and interpret instrumentation and electrical
documentation such as P&ID, control schematics and electrical prints.
6. Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
7. Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on
8. Proven experience as a self-starter, who effectively manages multiple
tasks, achieves results with minimal supervision and possesses excellent
documentation and record-keeping skills.
9. Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS
Office, E-Mail etc.).
10. Proven experience in computerized maintenance management systems such
as ProCal and EAM.
11. Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
12. Proven familiarity with standard reliability and maintenance
strategies such as planning, PM programs, PdM programs and spare parts
1. Associate’s Degree in Electrical or Instrumentation
2. Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
3. Successful completion of a 4-year electrical or instrumentation
4. Proven familiarity with standard reliability and maintenance strategies such as planning, PM programs, PdM programs and spare parts inventory management.
Primary Location Tennessee-Memphis
Job - Operations
Unposting Date Ongoing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.