Akira Technologies, Inc., SBA certified HubZone company is looking for an Office Assistant who will maintain office operations in their Columbia, Maryland office by acting at the receptionist; receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies and equipment; and assisting the team with general administrative support.
- Serves customers as the receptionist; answering questions; forwarding messages; confirming customer meetings; keeping customers informed of changes in meetings; and planning events for office
- Maintains office schedule by keeping Master calendar
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information
- Support management-level staff and perform a variety of tasks such as copying, scanning, faxing and helping to prepare documentation
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations
- Maintains information on office equipment; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment is operating.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- High school diploma and 2-3 years’ experience working in an office environment (government contract office experience is a plus)
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Must be able to keep information viewed confidential
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Residing in a qualifying HubZone is a major plus. To see if you qualify, please visit https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone
Job Type: Full-time
- Office Assistant: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Required)