The Risk Management Analyst is responsible for facilitating and implementing within authority the daily operations of the Corporate Risk and Insurance Department. Works closely with insurance brokers, claims department, employed and contracted physicians, supply chain, research, legal, and various other internal groups. Serves as a resource to all staff for the department.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20%
1. Implements the work of insurance consultants and brokers daily. Preparation of insurance submissions and applications for various lines of coverage (EF). Assist in the overall renewal process, including policy evaluation, coverage requirements, and risk identification. Requires extensive contact with all Houston Methodist entities to collect, interpret, and submit data.
2. Review insurance provisions of system contracts to determine compliance with insurance departments contractual requirements. Work with internal and external customers or vendors to negotiate terms. Work with VCS (Vendor Credentialing Systems) to ensure third parties/vendors meet insurance requirements (EF).
SERVICE - 20%
1. Issue certificates of insurance and/or coverage for Houston Methodist¿s Self-Funding Liability Program as well as working with brokers to issue certificates for other lines of coverage. Provide claims history for employed physicians when required (EF).
2. Tracking of employed physicians, contracted physicians, faculty and staff, and working with various departments internally to gather information (EF).
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
1. Coordinate safety meetings, loss control services, and appraisal work for Houston Methodist. Assist with the management of carrier inspections, recommendations, and responses to carriers (EF).
2. Compile loss data for all lines of coverage as required for actuarial studies and loss trending.
FINANCE - 20%
1. Assist with the department budget. Monitoring and tracking insurance premium invoicing and payments (EF). Assisting with Houston Methodists internal charges for all employed physicians and allied health personnel. Conduct physician rating and underwriting for employed persons and maintain accurate records for contracted physicians.
2. Work with carrier auditors regarding policy audits (EF).
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
1. Maintain accurate records for all certificates, insurance policies, underwriting data, invoices, endorsements, etc.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor Degree in insurance, risk management, or related field
Minimum three years working experience in an insurance environment i.e. broker, agency, carrier, or risk management department.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Insurance license and certifications are a plus
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels with a high degree of professionalism.
Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
The ability to effectively negotiate contract language.
Regular office hours and environment.
Occasionally driving to our other facilities.
Some overnight travel, potentially international travel.