At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world's top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul, and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you prize efficiency, productivity, and the satisfaction that comes from helping a team do their best work? Do you have organizational ability combined with technical experience, to plan, track and deliver ambitious new game systems and development technology? Are you a collaborative leader and great communicator who thrives on delivering results? If so, wow, do we want to talk to you!
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for a Senior Technical Producer to work with our awesome engineering team to help organize, focus, prioritize and track the host of new features and technical investments we're creating for the WWE 2K franchise. In this role, you'll drive initiatives to improve our technology, tools efficiency, graphics and gameplay systems, to help make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever.
- Own high-priority initiatives to deliver amazing new features to our players
- Work with a team of producers and senior engineers to prioritize and plan technical investments to constantly improve gameplay systems, rendering, tools and development operations
- Provide management, organization and feedback to engineers across the team
- Decompose long term efforts into incremental steps, planning and communicating road maps to the team
- Drive alignment, resolve ambiguity, and clarify technical strategy to maximize your impact
- Collaborate with team members across the US and Canada insure the impact and interoperability of your features
- 5+years of game production, dev or program management experience
- Two shipped games with significant scope of ownership
- Experience setting clear goals, planning and delivering features with cross-functional teams and multiple competing requirements
- Outstanding project management capabilities, documentation, tracking and transparency
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around corners, anticipate issues
- Familiarity with development tooling, Perforce, build systems, integrated test
- Organized, excellent communication skills, passion for games, collaborative demeanor
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
- Engineering background
- Project management training in Scrum or other agile framework
- Experience in Jira or other project management software
- Platform certification and technical requirement experience
- Background in online, graphics, physics and/or game engine
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 and $160,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com