- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in an instructional design, training or related role
- 5+ years working for a technology company in either a business or technology role
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, and/or project management
Amazon Key for Business is helping to transform the delivery experience for customers with unprecedented quality, efficiency and scale. Each time a package is delivered by an Amazon associate, technology is at the scene, and behind the scene. Today, Key for Business Technology supports Amazon Logistics, Prime NOW and Amazon Flex, and its scope is expanding every day.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We’ll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: real-time, embedded, and distributed systems. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven’t been solved at scale before - anywhere. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
As a Training Manager for Amazon Key for Business, you will help build a comprehensive training system, including both internal and external knowledge management programs. The Training Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining instructional design, knowledge management programs, and learning management systems in order to ensure consistency in partner trainings, as well as amongst internal personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, education or business related field
- 2+ years of experience in program/project management role requiring cross-functional coordination
- Experience building programs in fast-paced environments
- Experience in both the architecture of larger training programs and systems, with the ability to create training materials
- Ability to build and maintain knowledge management programs for both internal personnel, and external stakeholders
- Experience drafting learning modules in objective language, in addition to creating reference guides and/or best practices articles meant for marketing purposes
- Experience with learning management systems and e-learning development tools
- Customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age