Tech Lead (Pharmacy Apps – JAVA background) is responsible for technical analysis, design & Build activities associated with development of software releases for the CVS Retail Pharmacy systems. The current suite of systems includes multiple applications including, but not limited, to the Tier 1 systems for Retail Pharmacy (RxConnect). The Advisor will partner and collaborate with the development manager, business analysts, architects, quality assurance, business partners, and project managers in delivering technical innovations to solve complex business problems. The Advisor – Tech Lead will be a key contributor across the SDLC must be able to deliver an efficient solution, as well as identify and properly mitigate any risks to the solution before deployment to production. Strong technical, functional, and interpersonal skills are key to perform this role successfully.
- Overall 5+ years of professional IT experience
- A minimum of 5 years software development and requirement analysis, design experience
- Hands on Development experience in delivering projects executed in various SDLC methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
- Proven experience as a software Designer and Developer in understanding business requirements and translating into software solutions
- Advance object-oriented design, Java/J2EE and design patterns
- Expert Java programming knowledge – JDK 1.7/1.8
- Strong experience in Java Swing, AWT, SWT and Core Java development to develop client side components
- Sound skill in Swing MVC architecture design patterns and multi-threading
- Background on web and application servers such as Tomcat, Weblogic or comparable J2EE servers
- Strong background on Web Services (SOAP, REST), JMS, J2EE and/or Spring frameworks
- Working knowledge of XML, XSL, XSD, XSLT, DOM, JAXB
- Working Knowledge of Pivotal Gemfire
- Database knowledge – Oracle 11g or higher, MySQL or MariaDB, Oracle PL/SQL, Data Modeling concepts
- Working Knowledge of IBM Data Power
- Working experience on an Active-Active Site implementation of software Application
- Knowledge of build/dependency management tools such as Maven, SCM (Subversion, GIT)
- Knowledge of open source packages especially those provided by Apache, Google, and Spring
- Conceptual Knowledge of Oracle Golden Gate
- JMS with IBM WebSphere MQ series platform
- Experience building solutions and working in Healthcare systems (Pharmacy, Claims, EMR’ etc.)
- Basic understanding of HIPAA practices
- Exceptional ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Experience with secured coding practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Master’s in Computer Science related program preferred
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.